Gautam Buddha Airport
Gautam Buddha Airport
|Owner||Government of Nepal|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||358 ft / 109 m|
Gautam Buddha Airport (IATA: BWA, ICAO: VNBW), is an airport serving Siddharthanagar, a municipality in Rupandehi District in Province No. 5 in Nepal. There are plans to upgrade this airport to international standards, becoming Nepal's second international airport and is expected to cost USD 323 million, or about NPR 35 Billion.
The airport resides at an elevation of 358 feet (109 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 1,510 by 34 metres (4,954 ft × 112 ft) and currently connecting only domestic routes.
The airport is currently being upgraded into a regional international airport, being Nepal's second international airport to relief pressure currently sustained by the congested Tribhuvan International Airport. It is planned to have a 3,000-m runway and sixteen international parking bays. The project is financed by a loan and grant aid from the Asian Development Bank.
The contract to upgrade the airport was awarded to the Chinese company Northwest Civil Aviation Airport Construction Group (NCAACG) in October, 2014. The construction of the airport was set to be completed by the end of 2017 but the process was delayed for more than 6 months and the deadline of the completion was extended to 2019 due to the April 2015 Nepal earthquake and the Indian blockade.
Airlines and destinations
|Buddha Air||Kathmandu, Pokhara|
|Nepal Airlines||Kathmandu, Tulsipur|
Hotels near Gautam Buddha Airport
- Tiger Palace Resort, Tilottama - 17, Rupandehi, Bhairahawa, Siddharthanagar, Nepal
- Airport information for VNBW from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for Bhairawa, Nepal - Gautam Buddha Airport (VNBW / BWA) at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Gautam Buddha Airport Project: 2nd package of project to start in Feb". www.kathmandupost.ekantipur.com. KMG. 24 November 2017. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- "Gautam Buddha International Airport becoming expedition". www.nepaltourism.news. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Gautam Buddha Int'l Airport project becoming progressive". www.aviationnepal.com. 16 February 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Domestic Schedule". Nepal Airlines. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "NAC increasing flights in Domestic sector; 2 weekly flights to Tarigaun airport". Aviation Nepal. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.