Gloria Glickstein Brame
August 20, 1955
|Occupation||Sex therapist, writer|
Gloria Brame (born August 20, 1955) is an American board certified sexologist, writer and sex therapist based in Athens, Georgia. She is a member of the American College of Sexologists, and clinical sexologist. Her sex therapy practice specializes in consensual BDSM, sexual fetishism and sexual dysfunction.
Dr. Brame is also a bestselling author, educator, and advocate for safe, sane, and consensual relating, especially among the BDSM, fetish, and LGBTQ communities. However, her work and approach are of value to anyone who appreciates the broad variety of human sexual experience, from self pleasuring to esoteric practices.
Dr. Brame wrote several books including:
- Different Loving: the World of Sexual Dominance and Submission
- Come Hither: A Commonsense Guide To Kinky Sex
Different Loving, published in 1993, was a pioneering, evidence based re-evaluation of SM/fetish/kink as an expression of normal minds and lives, challenging the bias against safe, sane, and consensual behavior as somehow pathological or problematic.
Come Hither was selected as the "official guide to kinky sex" by the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality.
Other titles by Brame include: Sex for Grown-Ups, Where the Boys Are, The Truth About Sex (Vols. I and II), and Different Loving Too.
Brame has been cited as a fetish sex expert in a number of media articles, and has been a regular contributor to Cosmopolitan, Working Woman, and other mainstream magazines. Her biography of the Marquis de Sade appears in the International Encyclopedia of Human Sexuality (2015).
Dr. Brame's Internet presence includes gloriabrame.com, a sex positive compendium of writing, advice, and professional services; the Ask Me Anything professional BDSM/Fetish blog on Reddit.com (2014, 2016); the Gloria Brame Show (podcast) on BlogTalkRadio and Spreaker (2012-2015), with focus on sexual freedoms and BDSM/LGBTQ rights, and BED: Brame's BDSM Educators Directory: http://bededucators.gloriabrame.com (2018). She has been cited in such on-line outlets as The Huffington Post, Slate, VOX, and VICE, among others.
Dr. Brame has given numerous live-radio and television interviews with BBC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, FOX, PBS and foreign media. She has been cited in numerous magazines and newspapers, including a 2004 profile in The Washington Post.
2002 - 2105, full professor, visiting Faculty, Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
1987 - 1991, adjunct professor of English, NYU, guest lecturer in creative writing, York College (CUNY), associate professor of poetry and creative writing, Hofstra.
15 Best Sexperts, Dating Advice, 2015, 2011
National Leather Association Award for nonfiction writing, 2010
American College of Sexologists
Bisexuality-Aware Professionals Directory Directory of Therapists Experienced in the Treatment Of Transgender Persons Lesbian Business Community MediAngels Global E-Hospital Open Relationship Resources Psychology Today Therapist Directory
- Brame, Gloria G.; Brame, William D.; Jacobs, Jon (1993). Different Loving: An Exploration of the World of Sexual Dominance and Submission. New York: Villard Books. ISBN 978-0-679-40873-4.
- Brame, Gloria G. (1997). Where the Boys Are. Hearst Books. ISBN 978-0-380-79179-8.
- Brame, Gloria G. (1998). Domina: The Sextopians. Universal Publishers. ISBN 978-1-58112-878-9.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2000). Come Hither : A Commonsense Guide To Kinky Sex. Fireside. ISBN 978-0-684-85462-5.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2011). The Truth About Sex, A Sex Primer for the 21st Century. Volume I: Sex and the Self. CCB Publishing. ISBN 978-1-926918-55-6.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2013). The Truth about Sex, a Sex Primer for the 21st Century. Volume II: Sex for Grown-Ups. CCB Publishing. ISBN 978-1771430760.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2014). Naked Memory: Confessions of a Sexual Revolutionary. Moons Grove Press. ISBN 978-1771431415.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2015). A Fetish for Men: A Memoir. Vancouver, BC: Moons Grove Press. ISBN 9781771432092.
- Brame, Gloria G. (2015). "Marquis de Sade, Donatien Alphonse François (1740–1814)". In Whelehan, Patricia; Bolin, Anne. The International Encyclopedia of Human Sexuality. Malden, Oxford: John Wiley and Sons, Ltd. ISBN 978-1405190060.
- Brame, Gloria G.; Brame, William D. (2015). Different Loving Too: Real People, Real Lives, Real BDSM. Moons Grove Press. ISBN 9781771432580.
|2002||BDSM: Alternative Loving||Herself|
|2012||What Men Really Want||Interviewee Dr. Gloria Brame|
|2014||Dr. Ted McIvenna Film Project||Interviewer|
- "The Gloria Brame Show". www.spreaker.com. Archived from the original on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Sex Writers Race Bannon and Gloria Brame Share Their Passions". The Advocate. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Membership Listing". American College of Sexologists. Archived from the original on September 3, 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Stuart Nichols, Jerome (26 April 2012). "Interview with Dr. Gloria Brame". Eastern Echo. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Sex Therapy On Call". Washington Post. June 15, 2004.
- "Bestselling Author Gloria Brame, Ph.D., Provides Adults With the Tools for a Happy & Satisfying Sex Life in New". Reuters. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Institute of Human Sexuality Dissertation Listing". Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- "About". gloriabrame.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "CDA Expert Testimony in the Barbara Nitke Case". National Coalition for Sexual Freedom. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- "Nitke vs Ashcroft". Electronic Frontier Foundation. July 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- "Woodhull Board of Directors". Woodhull. Archived from the original on March 11, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "The Gloria Brame Show". www.spreaker.com. Archived from the original on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Blog Talk Radio". Blog Talk Radio. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Toe-squeezing incident nails S. Jersey man". Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "Bigger The Better! Welcome To The Fab And Fat Fetish World Of 'Gaining'". 2014-10-14. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "For Horny Hypebeasts, Popping an Air Max Bubble Is the Ultimate Climax". 2014-05-08. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "Fetish expert says Philly's Swiss Cheese Pervert could be dangerous". Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "Dolphin Sex: Another Person Claims to Have Had Sex with Flipper's Friend". Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "BDSM: Alternative Loving". IMDb. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "What Men Really Want". IMDb. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gloria Brame.|