|• Official||Kannada, Kodava language|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Gonikoppal had a population of 7251. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Gonikoppal has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 83%, and female literacy is 73%. In Gonikoppal, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Gonikoppal is in Virajpet taluk and is also the commercial hub of Kodagu district due to its proximity to Mysore District and the neighboring Kerala state.
Gonikoppal is the fastest developing Commercial city in the Kodagu (Coorg) district.
- Coorg Public School
- National Academy School
- Vidyaniketan PU College
Suburbs and Villages
- Kutta, Poojekkal, Manchalli and Hudkeri
- Begur, Ponnampet and Aruvathoklu
- Chikpet, Kabbinakkad and Kabbinakkad
- Kallur, Choorikkad and Machaan
- Kallali, Devarajacolony and Panchavalli
- Kokkarehosalli, Muddenahalli and Thithimathi
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gonikoppal.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Gonikoppal.|
|This article related to a location in Kodagu district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|