Location of Haapavesi in Finland
|• Town manager||Jouko Luukkonen|
|• Total||1,086.15 km2 (419.36 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,049.74 km2 (405.31 sq mi)|
|• Water||36.41 km2 (14.06 sq mi)|
|Area rank||103rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||142nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||6.86/km2 (17.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.4% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21.1%|
|• 15 to 64||62.4%|
|• 65 or older||16.5%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.75%|
It is located in the province of Oulu and is part of the Northern Ostrobothnia region. The town has a population of 7,199 (30 June 2015) and covers an area of 1,086.15 square kilometres (419.36 sq mi) of which 36.41 km2 (14.06 sq mi) is water. The population density is 6.86 inhabitants per square kilometre (17.8/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Haapajärvi, Kärsämäki, Nivala, Oulainen, Raahe, Siikalatva and Ylivieska.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
At Haapavesi, there is a 327 metres (1,073 ft) tall guyed TV mast, which belongs to Finland's tallest man-made structures.
Haapavesi Folk High School
The Haapavesi Folk High School (Finnish: Haapaveden opisto) is an ideologically independent boarding school. Haapavesi Folk High School is one of the eleven folk high schools cooperating in the HUMAK University of Applied Sciences. HUMAK offers education and training in the fields of Civic and youth work, Cultural management and production as well as Sign language interpreter. In Haapavesi Unit of HUMAK the focus is on civic and youth work.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.06.2015" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Haapavesi Folk Music Festival
Media related to Haapavesi at Wikimedia Commons
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|