I Am Frankie
|I Am Frankie|
|Created by||Marcela Citterio|
|Voices of||Mark Jacobson|
by Matthew Tishler and Jeannie Lurie
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original release||September 4, 2017– present|
|Related shows||Yo Soy Franky|
I Am Frankie is an American drama television series created by Marcela Citterio that first aired a sneak peek of the pilot on September 4, 2017, and later officially premiered on Nickelodeon on September 11, 2017. The series stars Alex Hook in the titular role of Frankie Gaines, who is an android attempting to pass herself off as a normal teenage girl.
Sigourney is a scientist working for the company EGG (Electronic Giga Genetics), who has developed a teenage android girl named Frankie. When the head of EGG, Mr. Kingston, plans to use Frankie for the military company WARPA (Weaponized Android Research Project Agency) for Project Q, Sigourney quits her job, smuggles Frankie out of EGG, and moves her family as far away from EGG as possible so that Frankie can live a normal life. As Frankie adapts to a normal life as a high school student at Sepulveda High, she befriends a girl named Dayton and gains a rival named Tammy. While she and her family work to keep her secret safe so that EGG does not find her, Mr. Kingston is determined to do whatever it takes to locate Frankie. Unbeknownst to Mr. Kingston, however, he is not the only one after her.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||19||September 11, 2017||October 6, 2017|
|2||TBA||August 11, 2018||TBA|
Cast and characters
- Alex Hook as Frankie, an android girl who was created by Sigourney who used to work for EGG and seeks to become a real human. Alex Hook also portrays Eliza, who first appears in "I Am... a Sitting Duck" as an android girl and prototype version of Frankie with a dangerous agenda.
- Uriel Baldesco as Lucia, a follower of Tammy and a member of Sepulveda High's Brain Squad.
- Armani Barrett as Byron (season 1), a member of Sepulveda High's Brain Squad who is into robotics.
- Kristi Beckett as Makayla, a follower of Tammy and a member of Sepulveda High's Brain Squad.
- Kyson Facer as Andrew, a student at Sepulveda High who is one of Frankie and Tammy's love interests. He is later revealed to be an android created by James.
- Sophia Forest as Jenny, the daughter of Sigourney who gets Frankie as an older sister.
- Mohana Krishnan as Tammy, a girl and leader of Sepulveda High's Brain Squad who becomes Frankie's rival and seeks to find the truth about her.
- Jayce Mroz as Robbie (season 1), an intelligent student who follows Frankie and Dayton around.
- Nicole Alyse Nelson as Dayton, a girl who becomes Frankie's best friend and one of a few people to know the truth about Frankie.
- Carson Rowland as Cole, the brother of Dayton who is one of Frankie's love interests.
- J.D. Ballard as Mr. Kingston, the head of EGG who seeks to reclaim Frankie to be used in WARPA's Project Q. In "I Am... Bound for Glory", he is later revealed to be Dayton and Cole's father Tom operating under an alias. In the first season, Mr. Kingston's first name is Gilford; in "I Am... Eliza", his first name is changed to Clarence.
- Todd Allen Durkin as James, a former EGG scientist who used to work with Sigourney and wants to destroy Frankie.
- Joy Kigin as Ms. Hough, the principal of Sepulveda High.
- Michael Laurino as Will, the father of Jenny and husband of Sigourney who gains Frankie as a daughter.
- Carrie Schroeder as Sigourney, a former EGG scientist who built Frankie.
- Mark Jacobson as Voice of "PEGS1" (season 1), a small floating egg-shaped robot that works for Mr. Kingston.
- Amina Alzouma as Rachel (season 2), a new student at Sepulveda High.
- Zachary S. Williams as Zane (season 2), a new student at Sepulveda High.
- Tommi Rose as Simone (season 2), an android girl, who becomes imprisoned alongside Andrew.
- Jayme Lake as Cynthia (season 2), an old friend of Sigourney.
- Ashton Heathcoat as Beto (season 2), Cynthia's android son.
- Justin Jarzombeck as John (season 1)
- Rachael Thompson as Engineer Anderson (season 1)
- J Scott Browning as WARPA Tech (season 2)
- Tracy Wiu as Sr WARPA Tech (season 2)
On January 20, 2016, Nickelodeon announced that it had green-lit I Am Frankie to series with its first season to contain 20 episodes. The series is the first global series to be produced at the new Viacom International Studio in Miami, Florida. The series was originally produced as Yo Soy Franky by Nickelodeon Latin America in Colombia and Catharina Ledeboer, who has previously worked on Every Witch Way and Talia in the Kitchen, adapted the series into English for global audiences. It was stated that production of the series would begin sometime in 2016. The series officially debuted on September 11, 2017, after a special sneak peek of the premiere aired on September 4, 2017. The premiere episode was made available on Nickelodeon streaming platforms starting on August 21, 2017. Nickelodeon renewed the series for a second season on November 13, 2017. Filming for the second season was planned to begin in March 2018. The second season premiered on Nickelodeon with a special event on August 11, 2018; new episodes of the second season will resume on September 10, 2018. Additionally, Amina Alzouma as Rachel, Tommi Rose as Simone, and Zachary S. Williams as Zane will join the series' main cast in the second season.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||19||September 11, 2017||1.47||October 6, 2017||1.13||1.24|
|2||7||August 11, 2018||0.90||TBA||TBD||0.82|
- Denise Petski (January 20, 2016). "Nickelodeon Sets First Global Series I Am Frankie". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "Nickelodeon Greenlights First New Global Series to Be Produced in the Viacom International Studios in Miami" (Press release). Nickelodeon. January 20, 2016. Retrieved August 14, 2017 – via The Futon Critic.
- Leo Barraclough (January 20, 2016). "Nickelodeon's I Am Frankie to Be First Series to Shoot at Viacom Intl. Studios in Miami". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- I Am Frankie | Brand New Series Official Super Trailer. Nickelodeon. August 25, 2017. Retrieved August 25, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Nickelodeon's New Daily Scripted Series, "I Am Frankie," Bows Monday, Sept. 11, at 7:30 P.M. (ET/PT)" (Press release). Nickelodeon. August 28, 2017. Retrieved August 28, 2017 – via The Futon Critic.
- Nellie Andreeva (November 13, 2017). "Nickelodeon Greenlights Star Falls Buddy Comedy Series; Renews I Am Frankie for Season 2". Deadline. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Alex Hook (December 12, 2017). "Excited to pick things up right where they left off, filming begins in March 2018:) what's everyone hoping to see in season 2?". Instagram. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Nickelodeon [@Nickelodeon] (July 27, 2018). "We're plugging back in! Get ready for a special #IAmFrankie event next month! 🤖💜" (Tweet). Retrieved July 27, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Nickelodeon [@Nickelodeon] (August 8, 2018). "Get a full #download on all things #IAmFrankie before #Season2 returns September 10th! 🔌🤖" (Tweet). Retrieved August 12, 2018 – via Twitter.
- "Nickelodeon to Premiere Season Two of I Am Frankie, on Monday, Sept. 10, at 8:00 P.M. (ET/PT)" (Press release). Nickelodeon. August 8, 2018. Retrieved August 12, 2018 – via The Futon Critic.
- Mitch Metcalf (September 14, 2017). "Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.11.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Mitch Metcalf (October 9, 2017). "Top 150 Friday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.6.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- Mitch Metcalf (August 14, 2018). "Top 150 Saturday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.11.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 14, 2018.