Hammam in 2015
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Imaan Hammam (born 5 October 1996) is a Dutch model of Moroccan and Egyptian descent. Hammam appeared on the most international Vogue covers of any model in 2017. As of 2020, she has appeared on the cover of Vogue 18 times. Four times on the American edition of Vogue. She currently ranks on models.com's "Industry Icons" and "Top Sexiest Models" lists. 
Hammam was first discovered in Amsterdam's Central Station by an agent from CODE Management in 2010. In 2013, her agency sent her to Paris with VIVA Model Management and she was given the special honor to open the Givenchy show as an exclusive. Shortly after she appeared in consecutive issues of American, Italian and French Vogue. Anna Wintour is a supporter of Hammam and mentioned the model in her editor's letter the first time she appeared in the magazine.
She has appeared in editorials for American, French, Italian, British, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian and German Vogue, Numéro, i-D, and LOVE. She also appeared on the September cover of American Vogue, a total of 4 times (September, March, April, December), a cover which very few models, much less new faces, are able to secure.
Hammam has walked the runways for nearly every top brand including Burberry, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Maison Margiela, Prada, Michael Kors, Moschino, Chanel, DKNY, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hugo Boss, Nina Ricci, Jacquemus, Giambattista Valli, Isabel Marant, Dsquared2, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Oscar de la Renta, Dolce & Gabbana, Alberta Ferretti, Derek Lam, Ralph Lauren, Carolina Herrera, Thierry Mugler, rag+bone, Emanuel Ungaro, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Balenciaga, Hermés, Tommy Hilfiger, Diane Von Furstenberg, Anna Sui, Vera Wang, Versace, Fendi, Proenza Schouler, Anna Sui, Tom Ford, Dior, Sportmax, Philipp Plein, Brandon Maxwell and Victoria's Secret.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Chanel, Versace, Moschino, Alexander Mcqueen, Revlon, Chloe, Givenchy, Sonia Rykiel, DKNY, Diane Von Furstenburg, Coach, Giorgio Armani, Tiffany & Co., Calvin Klein, Shiseido, H&M, Topshop, Express, Maje[disambiguation needed], Target and Scotch & Soda.
For the H&M collaboration with Erdem, she's one of the collection's ambassadors.
The model also collaborated with Frame and released her own collection of clothing that she designed herself.
Imaan Hammam was born in Amsterdam, Netherlands to an Egyptian father and a Moroccan mother. She has a sister, Aicha Hammam and is Muslim. Although she has been described as being "Middle Eastern", she does not see herself as such and identifies as Afro-Arab.
On June 2020, she shared a series of infographics on Instagram created by the Students for Justice in Palestine at Georgetown University. Her post was done to call attention to the Israeli-Palestine conflict in West Asia. Later, in July, she would post her thoughts on the adultification of black girls, particularly in America.
“Sometimes people call me Middle Eastern, and I'm like, 'No, I'm black.' I am proud of my culture, proud of who made me, proud to be here.”
“I’m half Moroccan, half Egyptian, and I was born in Amsterdam. I’m Muslim, and I’m superproud of my heritage and of my roots. I want to be a role model for young girls who are struggling with racism or struggling with their looks or with their skin color. I had Naomi Campbell, who I looked up to as a black powerful woman. But there aren’t many Arabic models, and being an African-Arabic model, I’m trying to open doors for more Arabic girls.”
- "Imaan Hammam - Model".
- "Obsessed: Model Imaan Hammam's Hair".
- "#Instagirl and Vogue Cover Star M.odel0 Imaan Hammam Turns 18".
- "Pharrell Williams on His New Album, His Upcoming Musical, and How the Election Changed Him".
- "How Models Like Ashley Graham, Gigi Hadid, and Liu Wen Are Democratizing Fashion".
- "As Borders Rise, Vogue Tears Them Down". models.com.
- "Imaan Hammam Exclusive Interview". Fashionography.
- "'Vogue' Put Three Models on Its September Cover".
- "Couturesque Magazine's Model of the Year 2016". Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Industry Icons". models.com.
- "Top Sexiest Models". models.com.
- Berrington, Katie. "Imaan Hammam Fact File: Five Things You Might Not Know". Vogue UK.
- Sharma, Karina (June 30, 2020). "Imaan Hammam Posts About an "Unacceptable" Human Rights Crisis in the Middle East". Vogue Arabia. Retrieved September 1, 2020.
- "Imaan Hammam on Instagram: "#LetBlackGirlsBeGirls"". Instagram. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- Malige, Fulvia Farolfi for Chanel, Daniel Jackson, Elaine Welteroth, Beth Fenton, Didier. "Watch the Throne". Teen Vogue.
- Demarchelier, Elizabeth Siegel, Lindsy Van Gelder, Patrick. "41 Women of Color Get REAL About Beauty and Diversity".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imaan Hammam.|