Imaan Hammam in 2015
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Imaan Hammam was born in Amsterdam to an Egyptian father and a Moroccan mother. Hammam was discovered in Amsterdam's Central Station by an agent from CODE Management in 2010. In 2013 her agency sent her to Paris with VIVA Model Management and she was given the special honor to open the Givenchy show as an exclusive. Shortly after she appeared in consecutive issues of American, Italian and French Vogue. Anna Wintour is a supporter of Hammam and mentioned the model in her editor's letter the first time she appeared in the magazine. Hammam is signed with DNA Model Management in New York, VIVA Model Management in Paris, London, and Barcelona, Why Not Model Management in Milan, and CODE Management in Amsterdam.
She has appeared in editorials for American, French, Italian, British, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, and German Vogue, Numéro, i-D, and LOVE. She also appeared on the September cover of American Vogue, a cover which very few models, much less new faces, are able to secure.
Hammam has walked the runways for Burberry, Alexander McQueen, Maison Margiela, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Michael Kors, Moschino, Chanel, DKNY, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hugo Boss, Stella McCartney, Oscar de la Renta, Dolce & Gabbana, Alberta Ferretti, Derek Lam, Ralph Lauren, Carolina Herrera, Thierry Mugler, rag+bone, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Balenciaga, Hermés, Tommy Hilfiger, Diane Von Furstenberg, Anna Sui, Vera Wang, Versace, Fendi, Proenza Schouler, Tom Ford, and Dior.
She has a sister, Aicha Hammam.
“I’m half Moroccan, half Egyptian, and I was born in Amsterdam. I’m Muslim, and I’m superproud of my heritage and of my roots. I want to be a role model for young girls who are struggling with racism or struggling with their looks or with their skin color. I had Naomi Campbell, who I looked up to as a black powerful woman. But there aren’t many Arabic models, and being an African-Arabic model, I’m trying to open doors for more Arabic girls.”
- "Imaan Hammam - Model".
- "Obsessed: Model Imaan Hammam's Hair".
- "#Instagirl and Vogue Cover Star Model Imaan Hammam Turns 18".
- "Pharrell Williams on His New Album, His Upcoming Musical, and How the Election Changed Him".
- "How Models Like Ashley Graham, Gigi Hadid, and Liu Wen Are Democratizing Fashion".
- Berrington, Katie. "Imaan Hammam Fact File: Five Things You Might Not Know". www.vogue.co.uk.
- "'Vogue' Put Three Models on Its September Cover".
- Demarchelier, Elizabeth Siegel,Lindsy Van Gelder,Patrick. "41 Women of Color Get REAL About Beauty and Diversity".
- Malige, Fulvia Farolfi for Chanel,Daniel Jackson,Elaine Welteroth,Beth Fenton,Didier. "Watch the Throne".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imaan Hammam.|