In Orbit is an album by jazz trumpeter Clark Terry, also featuring Thelonious Monk, which was recorded in New York on May 7 & 12, 1958.
It was Monk's only Riverside appearance as sideman, the first of Terry's recordings on flugelhorn, and the first Riverside date with bassist Sam Jones.
Monk introduced Riverside to some its most important artists, including Johnny Griffin, Wilbur Ware, Sonny Rollins, and Terry.
It features one Monk composition, "Let's Cool One"
- "In Orbit" (Terry)
- "One Foot in the Gutter (Terry)
- "Trust in Me" (Weber, Schwartz, Ager)
- "Let's Cool One" (Monk)
- "Pea-Eye" (Terry)
- "Argentia" (Terry)
- "Moonlight Fiesta" (Mills, Tizol)
- "Buck's Business" (Terry)
- "Very Near Blue" (Cassey)
- "Flugelin' the Blues" (Terry), additional track not on original LP release.