Jai Prakash University
जय प्रकाश विश्वविद्यालय
|Latin: universitas chhapra|
|Founder||Lalu Prasad Yadav|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Harikesh Singh|
Jai Prakash University (JPU) is one of the state premier universities in Chhapra, Bihar, India. Initially serving the needs of higher and quality education of the people of Saran commissionary, it has completed its 29 years and has entered its 30th year, With 21 constituent colleges, 11 affiliated colleges and 23 proposed colleges including 10 professional colleges, it is offering courses at the undergraduate level and postgraduate level in most subjects.
The university is recognised by the UGC as a state university and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities, having jurisdiction over the Saran Division, comprising the three districts of Saran, Siwan and Gopalganj.
250 acres (1.0 km2) of land has been acquired for a new campus. The university campus is about two km away from the main town. Jai Prakash Vishwavidyala (University) was established on 22.11.90 by the enactment of Section 3(b) of Bihar State Universities Act, 1976 with its Headquarters at Chhapra, after Carving it out from the then, Bihar University (now B.R.A. Bihar University) Muzaffarpur .
The territorial jurisdiction of the University is stretched over the whole of Saran Division Comprising three districts of Chhapra, Siwan and Gopalganj. The Colleges situated in these districts were automatically transferred to Jai Prakash University, Chhapra. There are altogether 21 constituent Colleges, 11 affiliated colleges in which 2 are deficit Grant Colleges (including one minority college Z A Islamia PG College siwan).
The university has four main faculties:
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
Faculty of Science
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
Faculty of Humanities
- Department of Hindi
- Department of English
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Philosophy
- In Chapra district
- Rajendra College, Chapra
- Jagdam College
- Jai Prakash Mahila College
- Ram Jaipal College
- Ganga Singh College
- Prithvi Chand Vigyan College
- Jaglal Choudhary College, Chapra (Saran)
- Y. N. College, Dighwara, (Saran)
- Nandalal Singh College, Daudpur Jaitpur (Saran)
- P. N. College, Parsa, (Saran)
- H. R. College, Amnour, (Saran)
- In Siwan district
- D.A.V.College, Siwan
- Vidya Bhawan Mahila College, Siwan
- Raja Singh College, Siwan
- R.B.G.R.College, Maharajganj, (Siwan)
- Narayan College, Goriyakothi, (Siwan)
- H. R. College, Mairwa, (Siwan)
- In Gopalganj district
- Kamla Rai College, Gopalganj
- Mahendra Mahila College, Gopalganj
- Gopeshwar College, Hathwa, (Gopalganj)
- Bhola Prasad Singh College, Bhore, (Gopalganj)
There are 11 affiliated colleges under Jai Prakash University.
- P.R. College, Sonpur, Saran (Deficit Grant)
- Z.A. Islamia College, Siwan (Deficit Grant and Minority College)
- Dr.P.N.Singh Degree College, Chapra
- B.D.S.M. Mahila College, Salempur, Chapra
- Lok Mahavidyalaya,Hafizpur Baniapur (Saran)
- Deoraha Baba Shridhar Das Degree College, Kadna Garkha (Saran)
- Daroga Pd.Rai Degree College, Siwan.
- Mazhrul Haque Degree College, Tarwara (Siwan)
- Desh Ratan Rajaendra Prasad Degree College, Ziradai (Siwan)
- Shri Mahendra Das Degree College, Mathia Nechua, Jalalpur (Gopalganj)
- Mata Rojhni Devi Chhathu Ram Degree College, Mairwa (Siwan)
- "Jai Prakash University, Chapra". Collegedunia. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
- "👍 Jai Prakash Vishwavidyalaya (jpv) Exam Results 2020 Name Wise". Result91. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
- "Jai Prakash University Admission 2020 - Application Form, Admit Card". AglaSem Admission. 14 August 2019. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
|This article about a university or college in Bihar, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|