Aryabhatta Knowledge University
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Samarendra Pratap Singh|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
Aryabhatta Knowledge University(AKU) is a professional university in the state of Bihar, India. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is now governed by Bihar State University Act 2008. Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna has been established by Government of Bihar for the development and management of educational infrastructure related to technical, medical, management and allied professional education in the state. Presently it operates from a makeshift office at CNLU Patna, however Bihar Government has allotted Rs. 95 Crores for construction of its own Campus.
Affiliated colleges AKU
Vidyadaan Institute of Technology and Management (VITM) was first engineering college in Bihar to get affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University.Following are 20 engineering colleges affiliated to it.
- Aryabhatta Centre for Nanoscience & Nanotechnology.(ACNN), PATNA
Government Engineering Colleges
- Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering
- Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering
- Nalanda College of Engineering
- Gaya College of Engineering
- Darbhanga College of Engineering
- Motihari College of Engineering
- Lok Nayak Jayprakash Institute Of Technology, Chapra(Saran)
Private Engg. colleges
- Patna Sahib College of Engineering & Technology, Vaishali
- Vidyadaan Institute of Technology and Management, Buxar
- Moti Babu Institute of Technology,Forbesganj
- Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology, Purnea
- Amrapali Institute of Technology, Lakhisarai
- Azmet Institute of Technology, Kishanganj
- K.K. College of Engineering & Management, Nalanda
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Amhara, Patna
- Sityog Institute of Technology, Aurangabad
Following are medical colleges affiliated to it:
- Patna Medical College and Hospital
- Nalanda Medical College and Hospital
- Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital
- Anugrah Narain Magadh Medical College, Gaya
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur
- Sri Krishna Medical College, Muzaffarpur
- Government Medical college , Bettiah, west champaran
Other colleges affiliated to it are:
- IMPACT COLLEGE,PATNA
- St. Xavier's College of Education
- Maitreya College of Education and Management
- International School of Management, Patna
- Admerit Business College, Doctor's Colony Golamber, Opp. Bhu-Vigyan Bhawan, Kankarbagh, Patna
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development
- College of Nursing, Patna
- International Architecture Research Academy, Munger
- Mahavir Cancer Sansthan, Patna
- Shri Nityanand Jha College of Education, Sijoul,Dist.Madhubani
- Government Pharmacy Institute, Patna
- List of institutions of higher education in Bihar
- Education in Patna
- Education in Bihar
- Education in India
- Vice Chancellor's Message
- CM Frustrated with 'Babu-giri' in the Administration
- "Despite govt promise, not many institutions for tech courses".
- "Convocations of Patna University, Aryabhatta Knowledge University postponed - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "BHU may comeup with its Campus in Bihar". Biharprabha News.
- The UGC does not list a year of establishment. 2008 is the year of the Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act. The 1st Anniversary Celebration was held on 17 March 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Aryabhatta Knowledge University to setup Nanotechnology Research Center". Biharprabha News.
- "Aryabhatta Knowledge University gets 95 Crores for New Campus". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Parents want wards to go for tech education outside Bihar". Times of India. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "7th engineering college of state to open in July". Times of India. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Department of Science & Technology :: List of Engineering College". dst.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Educational Institutions in Bihar". gov.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "CM inaugurates new engineering college at Chhapra". The Times Of India. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "7th engineering college of state to open in July - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 8 November 2011.
- "Bihar techie gifts an engineering college worth Rs 120 crore to his state". East, News - India Today. July 7, 2013.
- Official Website of Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Official Website of Chanakya National Law University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University Complete Detail
|This article about a university or college in Bihar, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|