Aryabhatta Knowledge University
|Chancellor||Governor of Bihar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Arun Kumar Agrawal|
The university was established in 2010 by the Government of Bihar through the Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act, 2008. Apart from a few notable exceptions, AKU has authority over technical education all over the state of Bihar, and it functions as the state technological university of Bihar. AKU recognised and approved by AICTE. It is a statutory requirement for colleges offering any program in engineering, medical or technology in the state to be affiliated with the university. It was established for the development and management of educational infrastructure related to technical education, medical, management and allied professional education in the state.
The university operates from offices at the Chanakya National Law University campus in Mithapur, Patna. In 2013 the Bihar Government assigned ₹95 crore (equivalent to ₹121 crore or US$17 million in 2018) for the construction of a new campus. However, construction has been delayed and as of 2015[update], only the boundary walls of this planned 7.6 acres (0.031 km2) campus were constructed.
As of 2019-20, AKU has nearly 114 affiliated colleges. These include 38 govt & 17 private engineering colleges, 8 govt & 3 private medical colleges, 33 educational colleges, 8 community college, 2 nursing colleges and 5 vocational colleges.
- Education in Bihar
- Education in India
- List of educational institutions in Patna
- List of institutions of higher education in Bihar
- Vice Chancellor's Message
- "List of State Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). University Grants Commission. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Tech cradles fail to shift to permanent campus". The Times of India. Times News Network. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "The Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act, 2008" (PDF). Government of Bihar. 2008. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Aryabhatta Knowledge University gets 95 Crores for New Campus". The Biharprabha News. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Tech cradles fail to shift to permanent campus". The Times of India. Times New Network. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "List of Engineering Colleges under AKU". www.akubihar.ac.in. Aryabhatta Knowledge University. Retrieved 3 August 2017. Other lists are reached by clicking on links on the side bar.
|This article about a university or college in Bihar, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|