|City||Poplar Bluff, Missouri|
|Slogan||"The Best Country"|
|First air date||August 31, 1989|
|HAAT||245 meters (804 feet)|
|Former callsigns||KPBM-FM (?-1984)
Mississippi River Radio
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||KJEZ, KWOC|
KKLR-FM (94.5 FM, "Clear 94") is a radio station licensed to serve Poplar Bluff, Missouri. The station is owned by Max Media. It airs a country music format. KKLR serves Poplar Bluff, southeast Missouri and extreme northeast Arkansas. KKLR's signal can be heard from West Plains, Missouri to Union City, Tennessee and from Farmington, Missouri to Osceola, Arkansas.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, WOOZ-FM, WJPF, KGIR, KZIM, KEZS-FM, KCGQ-FM, KMAL, KLSC, KWOC, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KGKS, and KSIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- KKLR official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KKLR
- Radio-Locator information on KKLR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KKLR
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|