Kris Jenner in 2014
|Born||Kristen Mary Houghton
November 5, 1955
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||Hidden Hills, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Kris Houghton
|Education||Clairemont High School|
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Spouse(s)||Robert Kardashian (m. 1978; div. 1991)
Bruce Jenner (now: Caitlyn Jenner) (m. 1991; div. 2015)
Kristen Mary "Kris" Jenner (née Houghton, formerly Kardashian; born November 5, 1955) is an American television personality who rose to fame for starring in the reality television series, Keeping Up with the Kardashians together with her family.
Jenner has been married twice; first to lawyer Robert Kardashian and later to television personality and retired Olympic Games champion Bruce Jenner (now known as Caitlyn). She has four children with Kardashian (Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Robert) and two with Jenner (Kendall and Kylie).
Jenner was born in San Diego, California. She is the daughter of Mary Jo Shannon (née Campbell) and Robert Houghton, an engineer. She is of Dutch, English, Irish, and Scottish descent. When Jenner was seven years old, her parents divorced and she and her younger sister Karen were raised by their mother, until a few years later, when her mother married businessman Harry Shannon. Three months after moving to Oxnard, California, Shannon's business partner allegedly left with all the company's capital, so the family moved back to San Diego. Jenner attended Clairemont High School and graduated in 1973. She worked as a flight attendant for a year in 1976.
Jenner runs her own production company, Jenner Communications, which is based in Los Angeles. Since the start of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, she has managed her daughter Kim's career. She also is involved with the business management of her other daughters and son.
Jenner's autobiography, Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, was released in November 2011. She later wrote a cookbook entitled In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites which was released in October 2014.
Keeping Up with the Kardashians
In 2007, Jenner met with producer Ryan Seacrest to pursue a reality television show based on her family. The show would be aired on E! Network and Kris would become the executive producer. The show was a success and is now on the 12th season. The show has had six spin-off shows: Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami (2009), Kourtney and Kim Take New York (2011), Khloé & Lamar (2011), Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons (2014), Dash Dolls (2015) and Rob & Chyna (2016).
Marriages, relationships, and children
Jenner's first marriage was to lawyer Robert Kardashian (who later became widely known for his early legal representation of O. J. Simpson), on July 8, 1978. They have four children: daughters Kourtney (born 1979), Kim (born 1980), Khloé (born 1984) and son Rob (born 1987). They divorced in March 1991, but remained close friends until his death from esophageal cancer in 2003. In 2012, Kris confessed she had an affair with former soccer player and animator Todd Waterman during her marriage to Kardashian. She referred to Waterman as "Ryan" in her autobiography, but he revealed his identity on his own. They had an encounter on Keeping up with the Kardashians while Kris was having a tennis lesson.
In April 1991, one month after her divorce from Kardashian, Jenner married her second spouse, retired Olympian Bruce Jenner, who completed her transition to a woman, taking the name of Caitlyn in mid 2015. They have two daughters together: Kendall (born 1995) and Kylie (born 1997). In her autobiography, Jenner explained that she named her daughter Kendall Nicole after the late Nicole Brown Simpson. Through Caitlyn, Kris also had four stepchildren: Burt, Cassandra "Casey", Brandon and Brody.
The Jenners announced their separation in October 2013, and on September 22, 2014, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce became final on March 23, 2015, because of a six-month state legal requirement. Kris Jenner has talked about the breakup with Caitlyn as "the most passive-aggressive thing" saying that while she had known of her partner's use of hormones in the 1980s, "there wasn't a gender issue. Nobody mentioned a gender issue."
Since late 2014, Jenner has been in a relationship with Corey Gamble.
O. J. Simpson trial
Jenner and her family suffered emotional turmoil during the O. J. Simpson trial (1994-1995), later described as the "Trial of the Century." Jenner was good friends with O.J.'s ex-wife, Nicole Brown. Jenner's first husband, Robert Kardashian, was O. J. Simpson's lawyer during the trial. In 2016, the trial was portrayed in a television series called American Crime Story. Jenner's character is played by actress Selma Blair.
California Community Church
As recounted in her memoir, Jenner underwent plastic surgery to enhance her breasts twice; she has had many applications of botox. In June 2011, Jenner had a face lift months before her daughter Kim's wedding to Kris Humphries. She allowed the preparations and recovery from the surgery to be recorded. The video footage can be seen on E! Online and "Kim's Fairytale Wedding Part 1" episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. She explained: "I needed a little freshening up for the wedding. Just doing what a girl's gotta do!"
- "Kristen Mary Houghton, born 11/5/1955". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Houghton Surname Project". Ancestry.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Stated in Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, 2011
- "Kris Jenner bio". wetpaint.com.
- "Famous Clairemont High School Alumni". January 6, 2015. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- "Kris Jenner". Biography.com. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "What Did Kris Jenner Do Before She Got Famous?". February 20, 2012. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Jenner, Kris (2011). Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian. New York: Gallery Books and Karen Hunter Publishing. pp. 257–260. ISBN 9781451646962.
- Bustillo, Deena (January 12, 2009). "Smooch by Kardashians: Out of Business". Zimbio. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- Brissey, Breia (November 1, 2011). "Kris Jenner shares details on her relationship with Nicole Brown Simpson in new memoir". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Hoffman, Lauren (October 22, 2014). "The 10 Most Wonderfully Absurd Moments in Kris Jenner's Cookbook". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 18, 2013). "Kris Jenner's Syndicated Talk Show Gets Premiere Date, Executive Producer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner's show cancelled, even with ratings stunt unveiling of Kanye & Kim's baby". New York Post. News Corp. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". IMDb. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, November 8, 2011
- "Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian on June 27, 1984 and Robert Kardashian, Jr. on March 17, 1987.".
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59", The New York Times, October 2, 2003.
- Evans, Julie Ryan (June 17, 2012). "'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Recap: Kris Jenner Has No Business Meeting Up With Todd Waterman". CafeMom.com. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Staff (October 8, 2013). "Celebrity News Kris and Bruce Jenner confirm they separated a year ago" (Online). Fox News Channel. Associated Press. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Kris Kardashian Biography. Buddytv.com. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner shares details on her relationship with Nicole Brown Simpson in new memoir". Entertainment Weekly; November 1, 2011.
- Baker, Ken; Finn, Natalie (October 8, 2013). "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner are Separated, 'Much Happier' Living Apart". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison. "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner 23 Years of Marriage: 'I Will Always Love Him'".[dead link]
- Esther Lee and Alli Rosenbloom. "Kris Jenner files for divorce from husband Bruce Jenner". Today.
- Bacardi, Francesca (December 18, 2014). "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner's Divorce Finalized". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner's Divorce Finalized on Kardashians". E! Online. NBCUniversal. May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 13, 2015.
- Bolton, Doug. "Kris Jenner on Caitlyn Jenner's transition: 'Why would you not explain all this to me?'". The Independent. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "Kris Jenner Gets Cozy with a New Man in Las Vegas". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Jenner, Kris (2011). Kris Jenner... And All Things Kardashian. New York, NY: Gallery Books and Karen Hunter Publishing. pp. 145–165. ISBN 9781451646962.
- "American Crime Story". IMDb. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Hyde, Marina (April 10, 2014). "Worship with Kim and the Kardashians". The Guardian. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Kris Jenner talks about facelift". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on August 11, 2011. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kris Jenner.|