Sam Brody Jenner (born August 21, 1983) is an American television personality, model and disc jockey. He was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. In 2005, Jenner appeared in the reality television series, The Princes of Malibu, which additionally featured his older brother, musician Brandon Jenner, and his former best friend, Spencer Pratt.
In 2007, he began dating Lauren Conrad, a primary cast member of The Hills, and subsequently came to prominence after being cast in the series during the second season. Their brief relationship ultimately ended his friendship with Pratt. The following year, Jenner was commissioned in his own spin-off series, Bromance, in which he was intended to find another companion in Pratt's absence. However, it was canceled after its inaugural season after receiving underwhelming ratings.
In 2009, Conrad left The Hills to pursue other career opportunities and was replaced by Jenner's ex-girlfriend, Kristin Cavallari. Their rekindled relationship became the central focus of the series until its conclusion the following year. In 2013, Jenner returned to reality television, appearing on Keeping Up with the Kardashians during its eighth season, which featured: his parent Caitlyn Jenner and his stepmother Kris Jenner; his step-siblings, Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian; and his half-sisters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
Life and career
Jenner was born in Los Angeles, California, on August 21, 1983, to reality television personality and retired Olympics champion Caitlyn Jenner and actress Linda Thompson. He is the half-brother to Burton "Burt" and Cassandra "Casey" Jenner through Caitlyn's marriage to Chrystie Crownover, which lasted from 1972 until 1981. Jenner is the younger brother of Brandon Jenner, also a reality television personality.
After Jenner's parents divorced in 1985, Caitlyn Jenner married Kris Kardashian, the ex-wife of attorney Robert Kardashian, in 1991. Consequently, Jenner became a stepbrother to Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian. Kris gave birth to his half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner in 1995 and 1997, respectively.
Also in 1991, Thompson remarried to composer and record producer, David Foster. In 2005, Thompson, Foster, the Jenner brothers and their friend Spencer Pratt starred in the reality television series, The Princes of Malibu. However, the series was cancelled soon after its premiere when Thompson filed for divorce from Foster.
In 2006, MTV developed the reality television series, The Hills as the spin-off of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. It originally chronicled the lives of Lauren Conrad, who had appeared on its predecessor, her housemate Heidi Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port. In 2007, Jenner began dating Conrad, which led to the deterioration of his friendship with Pratt. After Conrad established relationships with Jenner and Frankie Delgado, Pratt severed ties with both men.
In 2009, Jenner hosted and executive produced his own reality show, Bromance, in which young men competed to become part of his entourage. Jenner has modelled for Guess clothing, Agent Provocateur underwear, OP and the magazine Cosmogirl.
In 2016, he proposed to girlfriend Kaitlynn Carter in Indonesia. They had an intimate ceremony in Bali in 2018. Neither Brody's half-sisters, Caitlyn Jenner nor Spencer Pratt was in attendance. In 2019, the couple appeared together on The Hills: New Beginnings where they confirmed that they were not legally married in the US. In 2019, they separated after five years together.
|2010||The Hills Live: A Hollywood Ending||Himself|
|2005||The Princes of Malibu||Himself||6 episodes|
|2007–10||The Hills||Himself||63 episodes|
|2008||Party Monsters: Cabo||Himself||Episode: "Brody Jenner and Frankie Delgado"|
|2008–09||Bromance||Host||6 episodes; also as executive producer|
|2011||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||Himself||Episode:" The Honeymoon Is Over"|
|2012||The Playboy Morning Show||Himself||Episode: "Episode #1.84"|
|2007–15||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Himself||11 episodes|
|2015||Sex with Brody||Himself / Host||4 episodes; also as executive producer|
|2015||I Am Cait||Himself||Episode: "Meeting Cait"|
|2019, 2021||The Hills: New Beginnings||Himself||Main cast member|
|2006||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star||Nominated||The Hills|
|2008||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star||Nominated||The Hills|
|2009||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star||Nominated||Bromance|
- Nardine Saad (March 5, 2013). "Brody Jenner joins 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- "Brody Jenner Biography". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- "The Princes of Malibu Plot Summary". Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Virginia Heffernan (May 31, 2006). "'The Hills,' a Follow-Up to 'Laguna Beach,' Makes Its Premiere on MTV". The New York Times. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 3) Ep. 305: Rolling With The Enemy". MTV. Viacom. September 3, 2007. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "Bromance Cast Bios". Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- White, Nicholas. Brody Jenner & Lauren Conrad: An Item People
- SNEAK PEEK: Sophia Bush Hits the Beach With Brody Jenner Archived April 11, 2009, at the Wayback Machine Us magazine. 4.8.2009
- Brody Jenner Archived April 9, 2009, at the Wayback Machine CosmoGirl
- "So apparently this is why Kylie Jenner isn't attending Brody Jenner's wedding". Her.ie.
- Barbour, Shannon (July 16, 2019). "Brody Jenner Shaded Caitlyn Jenner for Bailing on His Wedding at the Last Minute". Cosmopolitan.
- "The Hills: Kaitlynn Carter & Brody Jenner Explain Why They Never Legally Wed, Clarify Open Marriage Rumors". PEOPLE.com.
- Barbour, Shannon (August 2, 2019). "Brody Jenner and His "Wife," Kaitlynn Carter, Reportedly Just Broke Up". Cosmopolitan.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brody Jenner.|