La noche es para mí
|"La noche es para mí"|
|Single by Soraya|
|from the album Sin Miedo|
|Released||January 12, 2009|
|Soraya singles chronology|
"La noche es para mí" (Spanish pronunciation: [la ˈnotʃe ˈes ˈpaɾa ˈmi], "The Night is for Me") is a song by Spanish singer Soraya and was the Spanish entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, held in Moscow, Russia. It was released on 12 January 2009 in Spain as the second single from Soraya's fourth studio album Sin Miedo. The music was composed by Irini Michas, Dimitri Stassos and Jason Gill, and the lyrics were written by Felipe Pedroso.
The song, composed in 2007 as "Afta Pou Ksereis" (Αυτά που ξέρεις) and written in Greek, was first offered to Helena Paparizou for her fourth album, but she turned it down as she wanted pop rock themes. The song was later offered to Maro Lytra, who also turned it down, and Chrispa, who considered to enter the Greek selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 with it. None of these three artists recorded or released the song, so it was therefore eligible to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 according to EBU rules.
Soraya and her producers agreed to include the song in her album Sin Miedo, released on October 13, 2008. The song was altered and Spanish lyrics were written by Felipe Pedroso. On 20 December 2008, Soraya announced she would submit the song to "Eurovisión 2009: El retorno", the contest organised by TVE to choose the Spanish Eurovision entrant. She won the final of "Eurovisión 2009: El Retorno" on February 28, 2009.
The song competed automatically in the final of the contest on May 16, 2009. A new Eurovision version of the song was revealed live at the contest itself, a version not intended to be released commercially. The new version started more slowly with a violin solo and reached higher notes by the end. The song was well considered in the previous polls, but it finished 24th with 23 points in the 50/50-result. If only jury votes had been given, Soraya would have finished last. While in only televoting votes she finished on the joint 20th position.
|Spanish Singles Chart||9|
|Swedish Singles Chart||25|
- Webb, Glen (2009-03-01). "Spain choose Soraya for Moscow". EBU. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Soraya's song was supposed to be performed by Greek".
- "Spain:Record label states entry's lawfulness".
- "Tres cantantes griegas rechazaron antes la canción de Soraya" (in Spanish).
- "Spain: Soraya bids to represent Spain".
- Escartín, Javier (2009-04-07). "Soraya: "Vamos a hacer algo nunca visto en Eurovisión"" (in Spanish). ABC.es.
- Bakker, Sietse (2009-07-31). "Exclusive: Split jury/televoting results out!". Eurovision.tv.
- Spanish Singles Chart
- Official Eurovision Song Contest site, history by year, 2009.
- Detailed info and lyrics, The Diggiloo Thrush, "La noche es para mí".
- Music Video (Youtube)