|Single by Pastora Soler|
|from the album Una mujer como yo: Versión Eurovisión|
|Released||28 February 2012|
|Label||Warner Music Spain|
|Songwriter(s)||Thomas G:son, Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson, Erik Bernholm|
|Pastora Soler singles chronology|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012 entry|
|◄ "Que me quiten lo bailao" (2011)|
|"Contigo hasta el final" (2013) ►|
"Quédate conmigo" (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkeðate komˈmiɣo], "Stay with me") is a song recorded by Spanish singer Pastora Soler. The song was written by Thomas G:son, Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson and Erik Bernholm. It is best known as the Spanish entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2012, in Baku.
On 21 December 2011, Soler was announced by RTVE as the Spanish representative in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. Soler and her team picked four songs to be in contention for the Eurovision Song Contest, and she sang three of these at the Spanish national final. "Quédate conmigo", together with "Tu vida es tu vida", was selected directly by Soler for the national final, whereas "Ahora o nunca" was selected through an online vote over "Me despido de ti". Unlike "Tu vida es tu vida", "Quédate conmigo" was not a song from Soler's latest album Una mujer como yo, she chose it from over 200 proposals she received through her record company. According to Soler, it became her favourite the moment she listened to it.
At the national final, which took place on 3 March 2012, the winning song was determined by 50% televoting and 50% jury vote. "Quédate conmigo" got the highest score by both the juries and televote, and thus was chosen to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012.
The song was released in its first version in Spain on digital platforms on 28 February 2012, both as a single and as part of a 4-track EP, Especial Eurovisión, containing her candidate songs for Eurovision.
The final Eurovision version of the song, with polished production, was included in a special reissue of Una mujer como yo, Soler's latest album, which was re-released on 27 March 2012. This version was also released as a single on digital platforms on 30 March 2012 as "Quédate conmigo (Versión Bakú)".
Soler recorded an English-language version of the song, "Stay With Me", which was released on digital platforms on 24 July 2012.
The official music video of the song premiered on 19 March 2012. The video focuses on Pastora Soler, with medium shots and close-ups of her against a black backdrop. These images are alternated with a couple of dancers. The music video served to introduce the final version of the song for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Eurovision Song Contest
"Quédate conmigo" was Spain's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. By representing a "big five" country, it automatically qualified for the final on 26 May 2012. Spain was drawn in position 19 out of the 26 available spots during the running order draw. In the end the song managed to reach 10th place with 97 points, achieving the first top 10 result for Spain since 2004.
In July 2016, María Jimena sang "Quédate conmigo" in the Knockout stage of season five of La Voz... México.
On 4 December 2017, Nerea performed the song on Gala 6 of season nine of Spanish reality television talent competition Operación Triunfo in the presence of the original singer of this song Pastora Soler.
In March 2019, Agoney performed the song during the gala dedicated to the music of the 2010s of the TVE show La mejor canción jamás cantada, where it was voted by the audience as the best Spanish song from this decade. During the finale of the show, it was performed by Gerónimo Rauch.
- "Spain: Pastora Soler will sing Quédate conmigo in Eurovision 2012" (in Spanish). Esctoday.com. 4 March 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Pastora Soler representará a España en Eurovisión 2012 en Bakú". RTVE.es (in Spanish). RTVE. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Pastora Soler cantará "Ahora o nunca" en la gala de Eurovisión de TVE". RTVE.es (in Spanish). 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "He encontrado una balada moderna, espectacular, con algo especial como Solo tú o La mala costumbre". Eurovision-Spain.com (in Spanish). 11 February 2012. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Ficha: Pastora Soler en Warner" (in Spanish). WarnerMusic.es. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "La reedición de Una mujer como yo saldrá el 27 de marzo e incluirá la versión final de Quédate conmigo" (in Spanish). Eurovision-Spain.com. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Quédate Conmigo (Versión Baku) - Single Pastora Soler". iTunes.com. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Stay with me estará disponible en las plataformas digitales el 24 de julio" (in Spanish). EurovisionSpain.com. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "RTVE.es estrena el lunes el videoclip de "Quédate conmigo", la canción de Pastora Soler en Eurovisión 2012" (in Spanish). RTVE.es. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Sanjay Jiandani. "Spain: Pastora's videoclip to be premiered on Monday". ESCToday.com. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Rafa Blas, Nek, Mark Owen o Los Mojinos, principales novedades discográficas de esta semana" (in Spanish). Los 40 Principales. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Quédate conmigo, cantada por Agoney, es la mejor canción de los años 2010" (in Spanish). RTVE. 29 March 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Gerónimo Rauch interpreta Quédate Conmigo en La Mejor Canción Jamás Cantada" (in Spanish). BroadwayWorld. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "PASTORA SOLER - QUÉDATE CONMIGO (NUMMER)". Ultratop.
- "Spanishcharts.com – PASTORA SOLER - QUÉDATE CONMIGO (SONG)". Top 50 Canciones. Hung Medien.
- "Spanish Airplay Chart" (PDF).
- "Top 50 Canciones Anual 2012" (PDF). Promuiscae.es. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2013-01-15.