Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012|
|Selection process||Artist: internal selection
Song: national final
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 21 December 2011
Song: 3 March 2012
|Selected entrant||Pastora Soler|
|Selected song||"Quédate conmigo"|
|Final result||10th, 97 points|
|Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Pastora Soler was revealed to represent Spain on 21 December 2011. For the first time since 2006, the artist was selected internally by RTVE. However, the song was chosen through a national final.
Pastora Soler sang three candidate songs in a televised national final that was held on 3 March 2012 at the Prado del Rey studios in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Community of Madrid. The candidate songs were chosen from her latest album "Una mujer como yo", released in October 2011, and from new songs submitted through her record company or by composers who usually work with her, rather than from an open call.
One of the three finalist songs was chosen through an Internet vote where two songs competed for a spot in the final. The online vote was held from 15 February to 20 February, and users were able to cast one single vote. The remaining two finalist songs were selected directly by Soler and her team.
In the final, the winning song was selected by a combination of televoting (50%) and jury voting (50%). The professional jury consisted of Sole Giménez (singer), Franco de Vita (singer-songwriter) and Óscar Gómez (producer and songwriter). Each of the three jurors awarded 12, 10 and 8 points. The song with the most televotes was awarded 36 points, the second was awarded 30 points and the third, 24 points. In case of a tie, the song preferred by the televote would have won.
|Draw||Artist||Song||English translation||Lyrics (l) / music (m)||Votes||Result|
|1||Pastora Soler||"Ahora o nunca"||Now or never||José Abraham (m&l)||2,265||Advanced|
|2||Pastora Soler||"Me despido de ti"||I say goodbye to you||Marco Deltoni (m&l), Xerónimo Manzur (m&l), Javier Rodríguez (m&l)||1,750||Out|
|Draw||Artist||Song||English translation||Lyrics (l) / music (m)||Jury||Televote||Total||Result|
|1||Pastora Soler||"Tu vida es tu vida"||Your life is your life||Max Miona (m), Eleonora Giudizi (m), Juan María Montes (l)||10||8||8||26||28%||30||56||2nd|
|2||Pastora Soler||"Quédate conmigo"||Stay with me||Thomas G:son (m), Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson (m&l), Erik Bernholm (m)||12||12||12||36||56%||36||72||Winner|
|3||Pastora Soler||"Ahora o nunca"||Now or never||José Abraham (m&l)||8||10||10||28||16%||24||52||3rd|
Spain is a Big Five member and was therefore automatically in the final, held on 26 May. In the running order draw, determined on 20 March 2012, Spain got a wildcard (allowing it to choose the singing position) and opted to perform 19th. In the end, Spain scored 97 points and ranked 10th.
Points awarded by Spain
Points awarded to Spain
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
- "Pastora Soler representará a España en Eurovisión 2012 en Bakú". RTVE.es (in Spanish). RTVE. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Spain: Representative to be announced today!". Escdaily.com. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "TVE desvela a las 12 h quién representará a España en el Festival de Eurovisión 2012". RTVE.es (in Spanish). RTVE. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Asiste como público a la gala de Pastora Soler. ¡TVE te invita!". Eurovision-Spain.com (in Spanish). 6 February 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "He encontrado una balada moderna, espectacular, con algo especial como Solo tú o La mala costumbre". Eurovision-Spain.com (in Spanish). 11 February 2012. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Pastora Soler cantará "Ahora o nunca" en la gala de Eurovisión de TVE". RTVE.es (in Spanish). 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "La 1 emitirá el 3 de marzo una gala especial para elegir la canción de Pastora Soler en Eurovisión 2012". FormulaTV.com (in Spanish). 31 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Tú eliges la tercera canción para Pastora Soler, ¡vota ya!". RTVE.es (in Spanish). 15 February 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Spain: Televised song selection show in February". Sanjay Jiandani. Esctoday.com. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Llano: "Queremos que sea una canción de Pastora, no impuesta a Pastora"". José García Hernández (in Spanish). Eurovision-Spain.com. 23 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Spain: Pastora prefers to sing a ballad or pop song". Sanjay Jiandani. Esctoday.com. 23 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Sole Giménez, Franco de Vita y Óscar Gómez serán los miembros del jurado de la gala 'Eurovisión. Pastora Soler'" (in Spanish). RTVE.es. 29 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Vota la canción de Pastora Soler para Eurovisión 2012" (in Spanish). RTVE.es. 22 February 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- "Pastora Soler cantará con Sergio Dalma, Bustamante y Malú en la gala de Eurovisión de TVE" (in Spanish). RTVE.es. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=49623&_t=results_of_the_2012_running_order_draw Eurovision.tv Retrieved 20 March 2012
- Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (1), Eurovision
- Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final, Eurovision
- (Spanish) RTVE's official Eurovision website