List of Houston highways
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of highways in the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown metropolitan area.
|Designation||Common Name||Year of
|I-69 / US 59||Eastex Freeway||1953||10(1)||211,860||195,000||205,000|
|Sam Houston Tollway||Beltway 8||1982||9||202,900||189,000||203,410**|
|Fort Bend Tollway||Fort Bend Parkway Toll Road||2004||4||9,471**|
|Hardy Toll Road||1987||6||59,220||6 1,000||63,000|
|US 90||Crosby Freeway||1991||6||31,090||46,000||40,000|
|US 290||Northwest Freeway||1975||8(1)||262,970||230,000||239,000|
|Spur 5||Spur 5||1988||6||54,240||37,000||33,000|
|Spur 330||Decker Drive||2001||6||32,890||37,000||47,000|
|Spur 527||The Downtown Split||1961||6*||93,410||64,000||65,000|
|SH 99 / SH 99 Toll||Grand Parkway||1994||4||36,200||68,000||47,000|
|SH 146||Baytown Freeway||1996||8||74,670||73,000||76,000|
|SH 225||La Porte Freeway||1966||8||152,780||133,000||113,000|
|SH 249 / Tomball Tollway||Tomball Parkway||1990||8||119,780||142,000||151,000|
|SH 288||South Freeway||1980||8||178,490||172,000||163,000|
|FM 1764||Emmett F. Lowry Expressway||4||48,050||40,000||35,000|
|** For these toll roads, this represents the highest AADT as measured at a toll booth, but not necessarily the highest traffic at any point along the toll road.|
- Red Bluff Freeway - planned from State Highway 146 southeast of Houston to Beltway 8. Only frontage roads have been built.
- SH 99 Toll - Sections A, B, C, H, and I-1 of the Grand Parkway are in various stages of the planning process.
- Spur 5 - south-southeast of downtown. The mainlanes planned to be built from its present terminus near University Drive (adjacent to the University of Houston) to south of Beltway 8.
- Fort Bend Tollway - The Fort Bend Tollway is planned to eventually be extended from its northern terminus at US 90A to the southwest corner of the 610 Loop.
- Hardy Toll Road - The Hardy Toll Road has a proposal to be extended from its southern terminus at the North Loop to Downtown Houston.
- Fort Bend Westpark Tollway - The Fort Bend section of the Westpark Tollway, known as the Fort Bend Westpark Tollway, will eventually be extended west to the growing suburb of Fulshear. It will then turn north and end at IH-10 around Pederson Road.
- Allen Parkway - Between I-45 and Shepherd Drive, a distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), Allen Parkway is a limited access parkway.
- Grand Parkway - Parts of section D (south of the Westpark Tollway) are now being brought up to full freeway standards.
- Memorial Drive - From Houston Street to just west of Shepherd Drive, a distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), Memorial Drive is a limited-access parkway with exits at Heights Blvd./Waugh Drive and Shepherd Drive.
- U.S. Highway 90 Alternate — South Main Street — south-southwest of downtown from I-610 to near the Southwest Freeway.
- I-69 / US 59 - Once fully complete the mainline of Interstate 69 will run from Brownsville, TX to Port Huron, MI. US 59 travels from Laredo, TX to the US-Canada border near Lancaster, MN. 35 miles of US 59 have been designated and dual signed as I-69/US 59 northeast of Downtown Houston. 28 miles of US 59 have been designated and dual signed as I-69/US 59 southwest of Downtown Houston. 12 miles of US 59 have been designated and dual signed as I-69/US 59 through Downtown Houston.
- HoustonFreeways.com Erik Slotboom, 2003. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- Mapquest Satellite images. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- Houston Galveston Area Council Traffic Counts. 2001. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- http://www.txdot.gov/apps/statewide_mapping/StatewidePlanningMap.html External link in
|title=(help) Texas Department of Transportation. 2009. Last accessed October 25, 2013.
- In Auto News - List of World Record Highways. Last accessed December 2, 2014.
- A Guide to Traffic and Reconstruction of Spur 527. southwestcorridor.com Last accessed January 2, 2007.
- Alliance and Friends Celebrate as I-69 Signs Go Up in Houston Area
- Sugar Land Ceremonies Mark New Identity for Southwest Freeway
- Celebrating Sign Unveiling on I-69/US 59 in Central Houston