List of states and union territories of India by area
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of states and territories of India by area)
Source:Area of states
The area figures of states and union territories do not add up to area of India because:
- The shortfall of 7 km2. area of Madhya Pradesh and 3 km2. area of Chhattisgarh is yet to be resolved by the Survey of India.
- Disputed area of 13 km2. between Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh is neither included in Puducherry nor in Andhra Pradesh.
- Area figures includes the area under occupation by Pakistan and China. The area includes 13,297+72,971=86,268 km2. of disputed area under occupation of Pakistan, 5,180 km2. of disputed area handed over by Pakistan to China and 37,555 km2. of disputed area under occupation of China.
- States and union territories of India
- List of states and union territories of India by population
- List of political and geographic subdivisions by total area
- Jammu & Kashmir is a disputed territory between India, Pakistan and China. The areas of Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan controlled by Pakistan and Aksai Chin region controlled by China are also included in the total area as indicated by official area figures of India
- The shortfall of 7 km2 (2.7 sq mi) area of Madhya Pradesh and 3 km2 (1.2 sq mi) area of Chhattisgarh is yet to be resolved by the Survey of India.
- Disputed area of 13 km2 (5.0 sq mi) between Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh is included in neither.
- "The country's exact size is subject to debate because some borders are disputed. The Indian government lists the total area as 3,287,260 km2 (1,269,220 sq mi) and the total land area as 3,060,500 km2 (1,181,700 sq mi); the United Nations lists the total area as 3,287,263 km2 (1,269,219 sq mi) and total land area as 2,973,190 km2 (1,147,960 sq mi)." (Library of Congress 2004).
- "Indian states and territories census" (PDF). Govt. of Bihar. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Area of Indian states" (pdf). Gov.t of Andhra Pradesh. p. 598.
- "Official site of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India". Retrieved 20 July 2013.