The Litang–Zhanjiang railway or Lizhan railway (simplified Chinese: 黎湛铁路; traditional Chinese: 黎湛鐵路; pinyin: lízhàn tiělù), is a railroad in southern China from Litang Township in the Guangxi Autonomous Region on the Hunan–Guangxi railway, to the port city of Zhanjiang, in Guangdong Province, on the South China Sea. The line has a total length of 318.2 km (198 mi) and was built from 1954 to 1955. Major cities and towns along route include Guigang, Xingye County, Yulin (Guangxi), Luchuan, Lianjiang (Guangdong), Suixi (Guangdong) and Zhanjiang.
The Litang–Zhanjiang railway was planned from 1952 to 1953 and built from September 25, 1954 to July 1, 1955. A 61 km (38 mi) spur line from the Hechun Station to Maoming was completed in 1959 and now connects the Lizhan Line with the Guangzhou–Maoming railway. From 2005 to 2009, the southern-most section of the Lizhan Line from Hechun Station to Zhanjiang, 62.7 km (39 mi) in length, was double-tracked and electrified to accommodate trains running at speeds of up to 140 km/h. The Guigang to Yulin section of the line, 98 km (61 mi) in length, has been double-tracked and is undergoing capacity expansion from 2013 to 2015 to accommodate trains running at speeds of up to 160 km/h to 200 km/h. The project is complete for Guigang–Yulin section, and the EMU train has entered to operation in the end of 2016.
- Litang: Hunan–Guangxi railway, Litang–Qinzhou railway
- Yulin: Luoyang–Zhanjiang railway
- Hechun station: Hechun–Maoming railway
- Zhanjiang: Guangdong–Hainan railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Litang-Zhanjiang Railway.|
- (Chinese) "黎湛铁路" www.qinzhou.gov.cn Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine 2010-11-09
- (Chinese) "黎湛铁路河唇至湛江段增建二线工程开工仪式举行" 南方网 2005-11-26
- (Chinese) "运输大动脉黎湛铁路增建二线建成开通" CRCC[permanent dead link] 2009-05-12
- (Chinese) "黎湛铁路贵港至玉林段将进行电气化提速改造" 玉林日报 2013-04-01
- "黎湛铁路贵港至玉林段线路改造完成 广西最大侨乡将通动车". yunnan.cn. 2016-10-12. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|