Winery in and around Lorane
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1136502|
Lorane is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States. It is located on Territorial Road about 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Eugene; it is 13 miles (21 km) northwest of Cottage Grove. The community is near the headwaters of the North Fork Siuslaw River in a valley in the foothills of the Central Oregon Coast Range. Local businesses include several wineries, including the King Estate Winery, Chateau Lorane Winery and Iris Hill Winery, and two general stores.
Lorane is also home to several notable late-19th-century/early-20th-century buildings, including the Lorane Christian Church, built in 1889, the Lorane Rebekah Lodge, built in 1898, and the Lorane Grange hall, built in 1909.
- "Lorane". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "Tour Lorane". Lorane, OR [community website]. Archived from the original on September 16, 2010.
- "Lorane". U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- "Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District #66".
- Fox, Lauren (March 4, 2011). "Lorane grade school to close". The Register-Guard. Eugene, Oregon. p. A1. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- Images of the historic 1855 Cartwright House near Lorane, which was razed in 1973 (from Salem Public Library)
- Cartwright House (Mountain House) from the Oregon Historical Society
- Darius B. Cartwright House from the Historic American Buildings Survey
- Images of Cartwright House from the University of Oregon archives
|This Lane County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|