Lose Control (Waldo's People song)
|Single by Waldo's People|
|from the album Paranoid|
|Released||15 December 2008|
|Format||Radio single, CD single|
|Label||Sony BMG/Music Monster|
|Songwriter(s)||A. Lehtonen, Karima,|
Waldo, A. Kratz Gutå
|Waldo's People singles chronology|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2009 entry|
A. Lehtonen, Karima
A. Lehtonen, Karima,
Waldo, A. Kratz Gutå
|◄ "Missä miehet ratsastaa" (2008)|
|"Työlki ellää" (2010) ►|
"Lose Control" is a song by the Finnish band Waldo's People and was the Finnish entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, held in Moscow, Russia. The band won the right to represent the country after winning the Finnish national final Euroviisut 2009 on January 31, 2009. The song was first released on 15 December 2008 as a CD single.
At the Eurovision Song Contest, the song competed in the first semi-final at 12 May and it qualified for the final round as the jury's selection. In the final it placed last, receiving 22 points.
A music video for the song was made and released on 10 December 2008. In the video, the group are homeless people and one of them has "fallen down". He is seen throughout the video lying on the ground while others come up and look at him, but do not offer a hand. By the end, a woman (Karoliina Kallio) tends to him and angel's wings appear on her back.
- "Lose Control" (Radio Edit) – 2:58
- "Lose Control" (Extended Version) – 5:22
- "Lose Control" (JS16 Remix) – 5:33
- "Lose Control" (In Styles Club Remix) – 7:10
- "Lose Control" (Franjola and Lerk Remix) – 4:53
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||1|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||57|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||100|
- A version in Afrikaans "Ek val vir jou" sung by MoniQue and Snotkop was released in South Africa in 2010.
- Schacht, Andreas (2009-01-31). "Finland goes dance: Waldo's People to Moscow!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Repo, Juha (2009-01-31). "Finland: Eurovision entrant chosen". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- van Tongeren, Mario (2009-01-31). "Finland: Waldo's People to Moscow!". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 2009-02-10. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Repo, Juha (2008-12-10). "Finland: Waldo's People release music video". ESCToday. Retrieved 2009-02-06.
- "Waldo's People: Lose Control" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Waldo's People – Lose Control". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Waldo's People – Lose Control". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Waldo's People: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- MoniQue & Snotkop - Ek val vir jou
|This 2000s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Finland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|