Luang pho phet
Notable luang pho phet images
Notable luang pho phet Buddha images include the luang pho phet of Uttaradit (in Wat Tha Thanon), the luang pho phet of Phichit (in Wat Tha Luang), and the luang pho phet of Nakhon Thai[disambiguation needed] (in Wat Na Phra That). The luang pho phet in Uttaradit is believed to have been constructed between 800 and 900 years ago.
luang pho phet in prayer
An English translation of a common Pali chant to be said before a luang pho phet image is as follows:
- By body, by speech, and by mind, I will always revere the image named luang pho phet,
- the Buddha statue, working wonders of psychic power. May I be blessed forevermore.
The text of the chant in Pali is as follows:
- Kāyena vācāya va cetassa vā vajiraü nāma pañimaü iddhi-pāñihāriyakaraü buddha-rūpaü ahaü vandāmi sabbaso; sadā sotthī bhavantu me.
- Wat Tha Thanon temple on Chimburi.com
- See, e.g., Chanting Book of Wat Pradhātu Srī Chomtong Voravihāra