Marina Bay Financial Centre
|Marina Bay Financial Centre|
Marina Bay Financial Centre (on the left) in November 2014
|Architectural style||Office complex, retail and residential|
|Location||Marina Bay, Downtown Core, Singapore|
|Management||Raffles Quay Asset Management|
|Roof||245m, 239m, 227m, 222m, 192m|
|Floor count||66, 55, 49, 46, 32|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Kohn Pedersen Fox|
Cheung Kong Limited/Hutchison Whampoa
The Marina Bay Financial Centre (abbreviation: MBFC; Chinese: 滨海湾金融中心; pinyin: Bīnhǎiwān Jīnróng Zhōngxīn) is a mixed-use development located along Marina Boulevard and Central Boulevard at Marina Bay, Singapore. It consists of three office towers, two residential towers and retail space at Marina Bay Link Mall, occupying a 3.55 hectare site.
The construction of the Marina Bay Financial Centre development comprises two phases, with its first phase completed in 3Q 2010. The entire development was completed in 2012 and the grand opening of Marina Bay Financial Centre was officiated by Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on 15 May 2013.
The first phase consists of the office Towers 1 (33 storeys) and 2 (50 storeys), Marina Bay Residences with 428 units and 94,500 square feet (8,780 m2) of the retail mall. The second phase comprises office Tower 3 (46 storeys), 84,500 square feet (7,850 m2) of the retail mall and Marina Bay Suites with 221 units. Marina Bay Suites attained TOP in June 2013. For this major project, Schindler Singapore supplied a total of 105 units of elevators and 6 units of escalators.
Clyde & Co Clasis Singapore Private Limited, currently located on the 30th floor of the office Tower 3, houses the Honorary Consulate of Iceland.
Office Towers – Marina Bay Financial Centre
Tower 1 is fully leased to international banking and financial institutions such as Standard Chartered bank, the anchor tenant occupying 500,000 square feet (46,000 m2) of office space, Baker & McKenzie, Raffles Quay Asset Management, Societe Generale, and Wellington Management Company.
Tower 2 is leased to multi-national institutions such as American Express, BHP Billiton, Bank Pictet, Barclays, Eastspring Investments, ICAP, The Macquarie Group, Murex, Nomura Securities and Servcorp.
Tower 3's anchor tenant is DBS Bank, which occupies over 600,000 square feet (56,000 m2) of office space. Other tenants comprise a mix of multinational companies from various sectors such as legal firms, real estate development, financial services, commodities and specialist food providers, energy trading and technology companies. They include Ashurst LLP, Aryzta AG, Clifford Chance, Endurance Specialty Insurance Ltd, Fitness First, Evercore, Gunvor, Louis Dreyfus, Lynx Energy Trading, M&A Development Pte Ltd, McGraw-Hill, Mead Johnson, Regus, Software AG, Trammo and WongPartnership. Tower 3 attained TOP in March 2012.
Marina Bay Suites, the second luxury residential development won the FIABCI Singapore Property Awards 2014. The Singapore Property Awards is the local chapter of the international FIABCI Prix d'Excellence Awards.
Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) clinched the top award in the Office category at the FIABCI Prix d'Excellence Awards 2012 (held in May), which recognises the world's outstanding real estate developments. Marina Bay Residences (MBR) was runner-up in the Residential (High Rise) category.
Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) also won the Gold award for the mixed-use category in the MIPIM Asia Awards 2011 (held in November), which honours outstanding real estate projects in the Asia Pacific region. MBFC also won the Participants‟ Choice Award, which honours the project that receives the most delegate votes.
Marina Bay Residences (MBR) and Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) Phase 1 were named winners in the Residential (High Rise) and Office Categories respectively at the inaugural FIABCI Singapore Property Awards held in October 2011.
- 2009 – BCA Green Mark Gold Plus Award for Phase 2 (Commercial Tower 3)
- 2009 – BCA Green Mark Gold Award for Marina Bay Suites
- 2008 – BCA Green Mark Gold Award for Phase 1 (Commercial Towers 1 and 2)
- 2007 – BCA Green Mark Gold Award for Marina Bay Residences
Marina Bay Link Mall
Marina Bay Link Mall (MBLM) offers about 179,000 sq ft (Phase 1 and 2 combined) of retail and dining space. Phase 1 was opened to the public on 3 November 2010. The mall is largely a subterranean mall with shops at the basement, ground level, the office towers and an alfresco dining area at the Ground Plaza located between MBFC Tower 1 and Marina Bay Residences.
- Downtown MRT station is linked to Basement 2 of Marina Bay Link Mall.
- 5 mins walk from Marina Bay MRT station on the North South Line and Circle Line.
- 10 mins away from Raffles Place MRT station on North South Line and East West Line.
- "New financial centre reaches a milestone". The Straits Times. 30 July 2009.
- "Marina Bay set to get even livelier". The Straits Times. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Another 3 firms reserve space in MBFC Tower 3". The Business Times. 31 December 2010.
- "Property interest picks up in Singapore". The Edge Singapore. 30 July 2009.
- "Luxury Marina Bay Suites project in Singapore 90% sold". The Straits Times. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Schindler Singapore website". Schindler Group. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Marina Bay now top financial district". AsiaOne. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Keppel Land Ltd : Commitment at Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3 exceeds 83 percent". 4-traders. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "新加坡多个建筑项目或MPIM亚洲奖". Lianhe Zaobao. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Green, the new gold standard for office buildings". New Straits Times. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "http://www.greenmark.sg/property-detail.php?id=98". Greenmark. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "New mall at Marina Bay by end of 2010". The Straits Times. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Marina Bay Link Mall". Retrieved 3 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marina Bay Financial Centre.|