Mazda N platform
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The NB was very close to the NA mechanically. Most changes were related to the vehicle systems, including electrical wiring and a new generation of the Mazda B engine.
The NC utilized a shortened version of the SE platform used by the RX-8. Many suspension and braking components are interchangeable with the RX-8, while some interior components are shared with the Mazda6, Mazda3, and CX-7.
- 2006–2015 Mazda MX-5/Roadster (convertible - soft-top)
- 2007–2015 Mazda MX-5/Roadster Power Retractable Hard Top (convertible - hard-top)
ND is a new platform for the fourth generation of the MX-5.
- 2016+ Mazda MX-5/Roadster (convertible - soft-top)
- 2017+ Mazda MX-5/Roadster RF (convertible - hard-top)
NE/NF is a variant of the ND platform for the 2016 Fiat 124 Spider. While the platform design is similar, the sheet metal and drivetrain are completely different, using the Fiat 1.4 MultiAir turbo 4 cylinder and an updated Mazda NC 6-speed manual transmission.
- 2017+ Fiat 124 Spider Classica/Lusso (Europe) (convertible - soft-top)
- 2017+ Abarth 124 Spider (Europe) (convertible - soft-top)
- 2017+ Fiat 124 Spider Classica/Lusso/Abarth (North America) (convertible - soft-top)
- 2017+ Abarth 124 Spider (North America) (convertible - soft-top)