|• Total||0.9 sq mi (2.3 km2)|
|• Land||0.9 sq mi (2.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,889 ft (1,795 m)|
|• Density||3,287/sq mi (1,269.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852845|
Meridian is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Douglas County, Colorado, United States. The population was 2,970 at the 2010 census, up from just 184 at the 2000 census.
Meridian's business park, from which the CDP derives its name, hosts the headquarters of Dish Network.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 184 people, 97 households, and 36 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 24.2 people per square mile (9.3/km²). There were 140 housing units at an average density of 18.4 per square mile (7.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 84.24% White, 2.17% African American, 0.54% Native American, 1.09% Asian, 0.54% Pacific Islander, 2.17% from other races, and 9.24% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.89% of the population.
There were 97 households out of which 23.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 26.8% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 61.9% were non-families. 46.4% of all households were made up of individuals and none had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.90 and the average family size was 2.92.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 22.3% under the age of 18, 15.2% from 18 to 24, 50.5% from 25 to 44, 11.4% from 45 to 64, and 0.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 28 years. For every 100 females, there were 119.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 116.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $45,781, and the median income for a family was $42,917. Males had a median income of $48,125 versus $45,781 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $46,031. None of the families and 7.5% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Meridian CDP, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.