Midland Adventist Academy
|Midland Adventist Academy|
|6915 Maurer Road
|Religious affiliation(s)||Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|Established||April 20, 1961|
|Campus||40 acres (.16 km²) Suburban|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Midland Adventist Academy is a private, coeducational, K-12 grade school located in Shawnee, Kansas. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system.
Midland Adventist Academy
Midland is part of the greater Adventist education system operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is under the direction of the Office of Education of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, which began oversight of elementary and secondary education in 1872.
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together in the auditorium for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
The school's primary goal is to provide education within a Christ-centered environment as to prepare its students for service to God and humanity. There are many ways in which students can get involved with the community through student community service programs.
Local community programs
- Fall Community Clean-up
- Disaster Outreach
- Nursing Home Visits
- Soup Kitchen
- Blood Drives
International community programs
- Mission Trips
High school sports
- Boys' Basketball
- Girls' Basketball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Boys' Soccer
- Gymnastics team, Midland AcroClub
- Cross Country
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the[permanent dead link] second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Midland Adventist Academy - Shawnee Mission, Kansas/KS - Private School Profile
- Adventist Education > Why Adventist Education? > Mission Statement