This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||October 19, 1977 (age 42)|
Mike Super is an American magician who is the winner of the NBC show Phenomenon. He was a top finalist on Season 9 of America's Got Talent. He's also appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Penn & Teller FOOL US TV series. Super currently tours the U.S. and Canada with his illusion show.
Mike Super was born in 1977  in Pennsylvania. He grew up in a small town called Clairton. Super started doing magic at the age of six. He became interested in magic when he visited a magic shop in Walt Disney World. He saw an old man performing tricks and became fascinated. He idolizes Walt Disney, Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, and Doug Henning. He performed magic to study at the University of Pittsburgh, where he majored in Computer Science.
Super won NBC's TV series Phenomenon, and most recently was a top finalist on the ninth season of America's Got Talent. NBC searched the globe for the 10 best mentalists in the world, and then had them compete on live television. Super was voted the winner by the American public, and won US$250,000 along with the title of "The Phenomenon." He has appeared on three TV specials in France, and he was also chosen to make Ellen DeGeneres appear from shadows for DeGeneres's "Magic Week" feature on her talk show.
Super recently appeared on Penn & Teller FOOL US where he predicted numbers chosen at random by the audience with a state verified Powerball Ticket played months before. 
Awards and honors
Super was named Entertainer of the Year by Campus Activities Magazine, along with Best Male Entertainer, Best Performing Artist, and Best Novelty Entertainer of the year. He has also received two Merlin awards from the International Society of Magicians. He was named "America's Favorite Mystifier" on LIVE TV for winning the NBC Show Phenmenon.
- "Magician Mike Super to appear at Community Arts Center". The Williamsport Sun-Gazette. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- Sciullo, Maria (2007-12-27). "Clairton native wins TV contest by being Super". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- "Illusionist accurately predicts headlines". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- "Mystifier Mike Super makes Ellen DeGeneres materialize!" (Video). YouTube. Google Inc. 6 October 2010. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Magician Mike Super to Perform Live at Roanoke College". Roanoke College Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2009-12-21. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- "Super Man Coming to YCP". York College of Pennsylvania Newsletter. Archived from the original on 2008-10-12. Retrieved 2009-09-13.