13 December 1962
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Stevie "The Professional Regurgitator" Starr is a Scottish performance artist known for being a professional regurgitator. In his act, he swallows various items, such as coins, lightbulbs, balloons, nails, billiard balls, dry sugar and goldfish, and then regurgitates them. He has never described exactly how this is done, and the implausibility of some of his regurgitations have led some to believe that he is an illusionist. Starr has a busy international touring schedule for his longer solo act. He has performed on the same bill as comedian John Oliver, who talked about Stevie's act as part of a Late Show with Jimmy Fallon web exclusive segment called "Would You Rather: John Oliver".
Got Talent appearances (2010-2015)
Britain's Got Talent
In April 2010, Starr auditioned for the fourth series of Britain's Got Talent. During his audition, he was swallowing numbered coins and a billiard ball and then regurgitating them on demand and in order. He progressed to the semi-finals. In those he swallowed Amanda Holden's engagement ring, followed by a locked padlock and its key. He then regurgitated the padlock, which enclosed the engagement ring, followed by the key. Starr finished in fourth place in the public vote and did not progress to the final.
Česko Slovensko má talent
America's Got Talent
- "The mystery of the human regurgitator". BBC. 1 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- Fletcher, Alex (2010-05-29). "In Full: 'Britain's Got Talent' Top 40 - Britain's Got Talent News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- "Semi-final 1". Britain's Got Talent. Series 4. 31 May 2010. ITV. ITV1.
- "TV talent act prompts complaints". BBC. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- Allesschlucker Stevie Starr verblüfft in der dritten Castingshow[dead link], RTL. 3 October 2010 (German)
- Official website
- Stevie Starr at the Internet Movie Database
- Report about his performance at "DasSupertalent" (German)[dead link]