Aerial view of construction on March 12, 2017.
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Line(s)||Silicon Valley BART extension|
Montague is located across a pedestrian bridge.
|Opening||Fall 2017 or 2018|
Milpitas is a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station in Milpitas, California, scheduled to open fall 2017 or 2018. It will be the first station of the Silicon Valley BART extension to be built in Santa Clara County.
The station is located near the intersection of Capitol Avenue, Great Mall Parkway, and the Montague Expressway. A pedestrian bridge will connect to the elevated Montague light rail station, which will replace the Great Mall Main Transit Center.
The station occupies 27 acres (11 ha) and will be co-located with the Montague Light Rail station, near the North San Jose/Milpitas high-tech job hub and the Great Mall of the Bay Area. The station will have a six-story parking garage. The concourse will be at-grade, with two underground side platforms.
The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) received a $900 million federal grant for the $2.3-billion Silicon Valley extension in 2012. Buses from Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) and AC Transit will serve the station.
|M||Mezzanine||Pedestrian bridge to VTA light rail|
|G||Ground||Station entrance, ticket machines, station agent, fare gates|
|Northbound/Westbound||← Fremont–Daly City toward Daly City (Warm Springs / South Fremont)
← Richmond–Fremont toward Richmond (Warm Springs / South Fremont)
|Southbound/Eastbound||→ Fremont–Daly City toward Berryessa (Terminus)
→ Richmond–Fremont toward Berryessa (Terminus)
- Richards, Gary (July 27, 2016). "Roadshow: BART may start running to San Jose in late 2017". San Jose Mercury News.
Can we really expect BART to San Jose by next year? … A That's what the Valley Transportation Authority insists, even though its website lists 2018.
- "Timeline - Berryessa Extension Project Timeline". Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA). Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Baldassari, Erin (March 22, 2017). "BART Riders: Relief is on the way with Warm Springs Station". East Bay Times. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
the opening of Warm Springs/South Fremont station on Saturday
- Record of Decision, Federal Transportation Commission. 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Berryessa Extension Factsheet, VTA - BART Silicon Valley, 2010. Accessed 2010-11-12.
- "VTA". Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. January 5, 2017. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "VTA's BART Milpitas Station Area Construction Begins" (pdf) (Press release). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. August 28, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Richards, Gary. "Next target: Extending BART under downtown San Jose". San Jose Mercury News. Archived from the original on September 24, 2016.
Construction begins this spring, with 2016 completion date... Source: VTA
- Milpitas Station Campus Update - Winter 2016 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. February 24, 2016. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
It has been several months since we last visited... Source: BART Silicon Valley
- Milpitas Station Campus Update - Spring 2016 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. June 22, 2016. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
The Milpitas BART Station continues to progress significantly... Source: BART Silicon Valley
- "VTA and FTA Seal the Deal for BART Silicon Valley" (pdf) (Press release). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. March 12, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-14.