11 February 1989|
Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
Bojhena Shey Bojhena|
Mimi Chakraborty (born 11 February 1989) is an Indian actress. She is known for her work in Bengali cinema and television. She rose to fame by playing the role of "Pupe", the female lead in the mega serial Gaaner Oparey.
Chakraborty was born in Jalpaiguri, a city in the Indian state of West Bengal. She spent her childhood in Arunachal Pradesh in Deomali, a town in Tirap district, but later moved back to her ancestral home in Jalpaiguri City with her family. She was educated in Holy Child School, Jalpaiguri and later at St. James' School, Binnaguri,then she came to Kolkata and completed her graduation in English Asutosh College.
Her second project was a TV serial Gaaner Oparey, produced by Ideas Creations. It aired on Star Jalsha from 28 June 2010 to 16 April 2011. Ideas Creations, the production house of Prosenjit Chatterjee together with Star Jalsha launched the mega-serial Gaaner Oparey to pay tribute to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore on the 150th anniversary of his birth. The likes of Rituparno Ghosh (who was initial scriptwriter of Gaaner Oparey), Debojyoti Mishra (music director), and other noted personalities from the film industry were involved with the project.
Gaaner Oparey, was the musical journey between two artists, Bohemian Gora and traditional Pupe and their love and in the whole process reinventing Tagore's "music". The story revolved around a girl called Pupe from an orthodox Tagore-worshipping family and Gora, an extremely talented but care-free lad, who keeps on experimenting with Rabindra sangeet. This TV show marks the beginning of a year-long celebration of 150th birth anniversary of Kabiguru Rabindranath Tagore.
Chakraborty portrayed the role of Pupe, a very talented singer, belonging to an orthodox Tagore worshipping family, who used to sing Rabindrasangeet in traditional form in concurrence with her family values. She was brilliant in all the emotions and made Pupe iconic.
Bapi Bari Jaa
Chakraborty's film debut was in Bapi Bari Jaa in which she played the female lead, Dola. The film was produced by Prosenjit Chatterjee production house, Ideas Creations. The film was also the silver-screen debut of Arjun Chakrabarty (better known as Gora, the male protagonist from Gaaner Opaarey) who played the role of Bapi, the male lead.
Chakraborty has been a part of Fame Fashion and Creative Excellence (FFACE) in different ways. In 2014, she unveiled the Edition 1 of the FFACE Calendar at Tantra, Park Hotel Kolkata. The same year she was a part of the conceptual greeting card produced by FFACE as the FFACE of DURGA promoting women empowerment.
|Denotes films that are in production|
|2012||Bapi Bari Jaa||Dola||Arjun Chakrabarty||Debut film|||
|2012||Bojhena Shey Bojhena||Riya||Soham Chakraborty|||
|2014||Bangali Babu English Mem||Riya||Soham Chakraborty|||
|2014||Golpo Holeo Shotti||Anu||Soham Chakraborty|||
|2014||Yoddha: The Warrior||Rajkumari Durga / Nandini||Dev|||
|2015||Jamai 420||Tina||Soham Chakraborty|||
|2015||Shudhu Tomari Jonyo||Koli||Dev|||
|2016||Ki Kore Toke Bolbo||Anjali||Ankush Hazra|||
|2016||Kelor Kirti||Rima||Jisshu Sengupta|||
|2017||Amar Aponjon||Mou||Special Appearance|
|2017||Dhananjoy||Kavya Sinha||Anirban Bhattacharya|
|2018||Total Dadagiri||Jonaki||Yash Dasgupta|
|2013||Big Bangla Rising Star Awards||Rising Star (Female) ||Bapi Bari Ja||Won|
|2013||71st Annual BFJA Awards||Best Promising Actress||Bapi Bari Ja||Won|
|2017||Star Jalsha Parivar Awards||Best Romantic Jodi with Ankush Hazra||Ki Kore Toke Bolbo||Won|
- "hi Chakraborty celebrates ĺlbirthday in orphanage". The Times of India. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Sarkar, Tithi (1 June 2011). "Bright young thing". India Today. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
its leading lady Mimi Chakraborty, 22, became a household name almost overnight.
- Banerjee, Malini (22 February 2016). "International Women's Day: These 7 women do Kolkata proud for varied reasons". India Today. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Mimi ki tollywoode agami diner shera baji?". Eisamay (Bengali News Paper). 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "The sound of music The lead pair of STAR Jalsha's mega Gaaner Oparey". The Telegraph. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- NAG, KUSHALI (7 July 2011). "'I miss the lights and camera'". The Telegraph India. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- ""Jouboner Khola Haway" (Bengali Title)". Ebela (Bengali News Paper). 29 November 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Ganer Opare Serial Songs, Casting". bhalobasa.in. Archived from the original on 5 December 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- Ganguly, Ruman (17 March 2011). "Pupé injured". The Times Of India Kolkata. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Bapi Bari Jaa on IMDb
- "DHAMAKA JODI! Now catch Pupe and Gora — Mimi Chakraborty and Arjun Chakrabarty — in film from Prosenjit's production house". Times of India. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Willian, Ronald S. (1 March 2014). "Mimi Chakraborty at FFACE". The Gold Rush. LXXI (Cincinnati): 38. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Kolkata applauds Bapi Bari Jaa's first look". The Times of India. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Bojhena Shey Bojhena Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "I am ready to work with Raj in the future: Mimi Chakraborty". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 28 Sep 2016.
- "Dreams fulfilled". The Indian Express. Retrieved 20 Feb 2014.
- "Mimi is afraid of ghosts!". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Dev, Mimi shoot for Yoddha Durga Puja song". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 Sep 2014.
- "Khaad (Bengali) / A gripping portrayal of crisis". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- ""If Big B and SRK can share screen, why not us?": Paayel and Mimi". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 Jan 2017.
- "Multi-starrers are the flavour of the season in Bengali film industry". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 13 Aug 2016.
- "Mimi, Srabanti, Dev in Birsa's next film". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 Jan 2017.
- "Ankush and Mimi's striking chemistry". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 Feb 2016.
- "Mimi, Nusrat, Sayantika and Koushani have a laugh riot!". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 Jan 2017.
- "Yash Dasgupta to woo Mimi in debut film". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 Jan 2017.
- "Shiboprasad and Nandita's next Bengali film 11 Nov 2016on parenting". Hindustan Times.
- "BIG Bangla Rising Star Awards 2011". Frontier India Portal. Archived from the original on 14 April 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mimi Chakraborty.|