Cahtterjee at Launch of Celebrity Cricket League - Season 4
30 September 1962 |
|Spouse(s)||Debashree Roy (1992–1995, divorced)
Aparna Guhathakurta (1997–2002, divorced)
Arpita Chatterjee (2002–current)
|Parent(s)||Biswajit Chatterjee (father)
Ratna Chatterjee (mother)
Ira Chatterjee (Step-Mother)
|Relatives||Pallavi Chatterjee (Sister)
Shambhavi Chatterjee (Step-Sister)
Prosenjit Chatterjee (প্রসেনজিৎ চট্টোপাধ্যায়) (also Prosenjeet Chatterjee or Prosenjit Chattopadhyay Prosenjit Chôṭṭopaddhae; born 30 September 1962),professionally known as Proshenjit and Bumba Da, is an Indian film actor and producer who works in Bengali and Hindi cinema. His fans affectionately call him Bumba Da. In rural Bengal he is addressed as Poshenjit. His rural fan base led him to do many films which had rustic storylines, films intellectuals shied away from. But his popularity was undeniable. Since 2003 with Rituparno Ghosh's Chokher Bali (co-starring Aishwarya Rai) he has acted in numerous films that won critical acclaim. In 2007 he received the National Award Silver Lotus for his performance in Dosar. He had acted in over 279 films as of October 2009. He is the Chief Mentor at International Institute of Photography in Kolkata to guide young talents.
He attended Calcutta Airport English High School (H.S.) up to class 10. He attended St. Xavier's Collegiate School and St. Xavier's College, Calcutta. Prosenjit lives in Kolkata with his wife, actress Arpita Pal, and their son Trishanjit. He has had two previous marriages with Debashree Roy and Aparna Guhathakurta. in 2015 Prosenjit Chatterjee owned a Cricket Team in Bengal Celebrity League Named Purulia Panthers 
He made his debut as hero in Duti Pata (1983), a teenage romance along the lines of Bobby.
Amar Sangi (1987) opposite Vijayeta Pandit, Apon Amaar Apon (1990) directed by Tarun Majumdar and Buddhadev Dasgupta’s Ami, Yasin Ar Amar Madhubala (2007) are three films of his career. The song "Chirodini Tumi Je Amar" from Amar Sangi.
Prosenjit debuted in Bollywood in 1990 when played the role of Mumtaz's son in her film Aandhiyan. It was directed by David Dhawan. The story revolves around aspirations where his ordinary wife would be a disturbing factor. The son (played by Prosenjit) grows up to take revenge and finally unites his parents. Prosenjit played the hero in the Mehul Kumar directed Meet Mere Man Ke (1991) alongside Ayesha Jhulka, Feroz Khan and Salma Agha. His other Bollywood films are Sone Ki Lanka and Veerta. After 21 years he made a comeback to Bollywood in Dibakar Banerjee's Shanghai.His next upcoming Bollywood film Traffic.
Awards and honours
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2015)|
|2013||Banglar Sera Paribar||Zee Bangla|
|2014||Tumi Je Aamar||Zee Bangla|
|2016||Mahanayak Uttm Kumar||Star Jalsha|
- Sengupta, Reshmi (30 September 2008). "Older, wiser, busier!". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "The official site of Prosenjit Chatterjee – Home Please scroll down". Prosenjit.in. 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "prosenjit chatterjee". Calcuttaweb. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "আনন্দবাজার – আনন্দ plus – কমেলশ্বেরর মহাভারত ভীষ্ম প্রসেনিজৎ". Anandabazar. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "আনন্দবাজার – আনন্দ plus – বিপরীতমুখী". Anandabazar. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "আনন্দবাজার – আনন্দ plus – বারো বছর বাদে". Anandabazar. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "Prosenjit as Bhupen Hazarika in biopic by Kalpana Lajmi – TOI Mobile – The Times of India Mobile Site". TOI. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Bengal Celebrity League to start December 26". Business Standard. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Tollywood all set to kick off Bengal Celebrity League". The Economic Times. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "Tolly stars launch BCL logo, team jerseys". The Economic Times. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Divya will be seen as the wife of a superstar-played by Prosenjit Chatterjee inTraffic". Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "The Telegraph – Calcutta (Kolkata) – Entertainment – Producer Prosenjit celebrates his television outing. more applause for Goutam Ghose’s Moner Manush". Telegraphs. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Kolkata applauds Bapi Bari Jaa's first look – TOI Mobile – The Times of India Mobile Site". Times of India. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Prosenjit Chatterjee Indian Actor Biography". Dailytech24.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Prosenjit Chatterjee Full Biography And Filmography". Cine Jalsha. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Ranakshetra (1998) Awards | Award Winners Of Ranakshetra bengali Movie". gomolo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "PUBLIC SCREENING OF INDIA PANORAMA 2013 FILMS IN NEW DELHI 10th −18th February, 2014". Dff.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Tumi Je Amar: Zee Bangla Show- Watch Tumi Je Amar TV Serial Episodes and Videos Online at zeebangla.com". zee bangla. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Bengali Wedding Reality Show Tumi Je Amar on Zee Bangla with Prasenjit Chatterjee Starts Today". sholoanabangaliana. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Profile at Calcuttaweb.com
- Prosenjit Chatterjee at the Internet Movie Database
- Personal Website: prosenjit.in