|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Adherence to manual of style. (June 2014)|
This module implements a proxy, gateway or cache for Apache. It implements proxying capability for or AJP13 (Apache JServ Protocol version 1.3), FTP, CONNECT (for SSL), HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0, and (since Apache 1.3.23) HTTP/1.1. The module can be configured to connect to other proxy modules for these and other protocols.
One powerful feature of Apache is flexible virtual hosting — multiple virtual hosts on a single client. This is a convenient way to partition separate websites and applications. With mod_proxy it is possible to set various web framework based applications up as virtual hosts as well.
See Apache License.
This module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x.
As of Apache 1.2, mod_proxy stability was greatly improved.
Since Apache 2.0, proxy features are divided into several modules in addition to mod_proxy: mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ftp, and mod_proxy_connect — moreover, caching is provided by mod_cache and related modules.
- Homepage of mod_proxy for Apache 2.2
- Running CherryPy behind Apache using mod_proxy
- Single Django App behind multiple Apache Proxies
- Using web2py with Apache, mod_proxy, and mod_proxy_html
- Improve LAMP security with Apache Proxy's directive (mod_proxy)
- Strip SSL with Apache mod_proxy
- The mod_proxy module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x
- In Apache 1.2, mod_proxy stability was greatly improved
- In Apache 2.0 proxy features are divided into several modules
- In Apache 2.2 mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer added
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 1.3.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 2.0.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 2.2.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 2.4.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for current Apache.