This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Adherence to manual of style (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This module implements a proxy, gateway or cache for Apache. It implements proxying capability for AJP13 (Apache JServ Protocol version 1.3), FTP, CONNECT (for SSL), HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0, and (since Apache 1.3.23) HTTP/1.1. The module can be configured to connect to other proxy modules for these and other protocols.
One powerful feature of Apache is flexible virtual hosting—multiple virtual hosts on a single server. This is a convenient way to partition separate websites and applications. With mod_proxy it is possible to set various web framework-based applications up as virtual hosts as well.
This module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x.
As of Apache 1.2, mod_proxy stability was greatly improved.
Since Apache 2.0, proxy features are divided into several modules in addition to mod_proxy: mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ftp, and mod_proxy_connect — moreover, caching is provided by mod_cache and related modules.
- Homepage of mod_proxy for Apache 2.2
- Running CherryPy behind Apache using mod_proxy
- Single Django App behind multiple Apache Proxies
- Using web2py with Apache, mod_proxy, and mod_proxy_html
- Improve LAMP security with Apache Proxy's directive (mod_proxy)
- Strip SSL with Apache mod_proxy
- The mod_proxy module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x
- In Apache 1.2, mod_proxy stability was greatly improved
- In Apache 2.0 proxy features are divided into several modules
- In Apache 2.2 mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer added
- mod_proxy_fcgi documentation