Musikot, Western Rukum
|• Mayor||Devilal Gautam (NCP)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Prem Kumari Sunar (NCP)|
|• Total||136.06 km2 (52.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (Nepal Time)|
Musikot is a municipality and the district headquarter of Western Rukum District in Karnali province of Nepal that was established on 18 May 2014 by merging the two former Village development committees Musikot and Khalanga. It lies on the bank of Sani Bheri River. At the time of the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 32,939 people living in 7,307 individual households. Musikot was formerly[when?] called Musikot Khalanga and served as the district headquarter of Rukum District.
- "Musikot Municipality". Government of Nepal. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "72 New Municipalities Announced", Republica, 8 May 2014.
- "Govt Announces 72 New Municipalities, The Kathmandu Post, 8 May 2014.
- "National Population and Housing Census 2011" (PDF). Central Bureau of Statistics. November 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Radio Sani Bheri F.M 89.2 MHz". ACORAB.
- "Rukum Salle Airport" (PDF). Civil Aviation authority of Nepal. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|