National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
|Location||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
NIPER Hyderabad is an Indian public Pharmacy research university, and a part of the seven schools, under India's Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. The institute offers Masters and Doctoral degrees in pharmaceutical sciences. As an Institute of National Importance it plays an important role in human resource development for the Indian pharmaceutical industry.
The institute offers a 2-year PG degree course; MS (Pharm.) in 4 disciplines ( Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Analysis & Pharmaceutics) and is located at the former R&D Centre of IDPL, Balangar, Hyderabad. Presently, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad a premier CSIR Research Laboratories, is the Mentor Institute for NIPER, Hyderabad.
However, counseling for these institutes are held at NIPER, SAS nagar (Mohali), Punjab.
The Department of Pharmaceuticals has envisaged an investment Rs 3,000 crore to set up ten more National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) over the next five years in to enhance availability of skilled human resources in the pharma sector.
The proposal to set up ten additional NIPERs is one of the many proposals, worth Rs 12,280 crore, that have been submitted to the Planning Commission by the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP) under the 12th Five Year Plan.
The institute offers education and research facilities in Medicinal Chemistry,Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Process chemistry, Regulatory Toxicology.
NIPER Hyderabad offers courses in:
- Pharmaceutical Management M.B.A. (Pharm)
- Medicinal Chemistry M.S. (Pharm)
- Pharmacology & Toxicology M.S. (Pharm)
- Pharmaceutical Analysis M.S. (Pharm)
- Pharmaceutics M.S. (Pharm)
- Regulatory Toxicology M.S.
- Process Tech & Process Chem. M.Tech
Currently there are 32 Ph.D. students doing their research work in NIPER-Hyderabad.
NIPER-Hyderabad also started MBA Pharm. from the year 2012.
Other NIPER's with their mentor institutes are:
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali (NIPER Mohali) (Punjab).
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ahmedabad (NIPER Ahmedabad]) (Gujarat). Mentor institute: B. V. Patel PERD Centre (PERD).
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hajipur (NIPER Hajipur)]] (Bihar). Mentor institute: Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences (RMRIMS), Patna.
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Kolkata (NIPER Kolkata) (West Bengal). Mentor institute: Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB Kolkata)
- NIPER Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh). Mentor institute: Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI Lucknow).
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Guwahati (NIPER Guwahati) (Assam). Mentor institute: Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH Guwahati).