Naoetsu Station, March 2010
|Location||1-1 azuma-cho, Joetsu-shi, Niigata-ken 942-0003
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
|Opened||15 August 1886|
|Passengers (FY2015)||2,337 daily|
Naoetsu Station (直江津駅 Naoetsu-eki?) is a railway station in Joetsu, Niigata, Japan, jointly operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third-sector railway operator Echigo Tokimeki Railway.
Naoetsu Station is served by the JR East Shinetsu Main Line, and is a terminus for the line, whose tracks are shared by the Hokuetsu Express Hokuhoku Line. The station also is served by the Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line and is located 37.7 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Myōkō-Kōgen and 75.0 kilometers from Nagano. On the Nihonkai Hisui Line, it is located 59.3 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Ichiburi and 353.8 kilometers from Maibara.
|1||■ Nihonkai Hisui Line||for Itoigawa and Tomari|
|2||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Arai and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|3||■ Nihonkai Hisui Line||for Itoigawa and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|4||■ Shin'etsu Main Line||for Arai and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|5||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Arai, Myōkō-Kōgen|
|6||■ Shin'etsu Main Line||for Nagaoka and Niigata|
|■ Hokuetsu Express Hokuhoku Line||for Muikamachi and Echigo-Yuzawa|
|Shinetsu Main Line|
|Nihonkai Hisui Line|
|Myōkō Haneuma Line|
From 14 March 2015, with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano to Kanazawa, local passenger operations over sections of the Shinetsu Main Line and Hokuriku Main Line running roughly parallel to the new shinkansen line were reassigned to third-sector railway operating companies. From this date, Naoetsu Station became a boundary station between the Myōkō Haneuma Line (former JR East Shinetsu Main Line) and the Nihonkai Hisui Line (former JR West Hokuriku Main Line) of the Niigata-owned Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company.
In fiscal 2015, the station was used by an average of 2,337 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- former Naoetsu City Office
- Naoetsu Port
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 582. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- しなの鉄道（株）、えちごトキめき鉄道（株）、あいの風とやま鉄道（株）及びＩＲいしかわ鉄道（株）申請の第一種鉄道事業許可について [Details of railway business approval for Shinano Railway, Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company, Ainokaze Toyama Railway, and IR Ishikawa Railway]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2015年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2015)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naoetsu Station.|
- Naoetsu Station (JR East Official Website) (Japanese)