Ueda Station (Nagano)
Ueda Station Onsen entrance in 2012
|Location||1-1887 Tenjin, Ueda-shi, Nagano-ken 386-0025|
|Elevation||446 meters |
|Platforms||4 side + 1 island platforms|
|Status||Staffed (Midori no Madoguchi )|
|Opened||15 August 1888|
|Passengers (FY2015)||2,860 daily (JR East)|
Ueda Station (上田駅 Ueda-eki) is a railway station in the city of Ueda, Nagano, Japan, jointly operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East), the third-sector operator Shinano Railway, and the private railway operator Ueda Electric Railway.
Ueda Station is served by the following lines.
- Hokuriku Shinkansen (formerly named the Nagano Shinkansen), of which it is 189.2 kilometers from Tokyo Station.
- Shinano Railway Line, on which it is 40.6 kilometers from Karuizawa Station
- Ueda Electric Railway Bessho Line, of which it is the terminus
JR East platforms
|1||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Takasaki, Ōmiya, and Tokyo|
|2||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Nagano|
Shinano Railway platforms
The Shinano Railway station has one ground-level side platform and one ground-level island platform serving a total of three tracks.
|1||■ Shinano Railway Line||for Komoro and Karuizawa|
|2||■ Shinano Railway Line||for Togura, Shinonoi, and Nagano|
|3||■ Shinano Railway Line||for Togura, Shinonoi, and Nagano|
Ueda Electric Railway platform
The Ueda Electric Railway station has one ground-level dead-headed side platform serving a single bi-directional track.
|Kagayaki: Does not stop at this station|
|Shinano Railway Line|
|Ueda Electric Railway Bessho Line|
The station first opened on 15 August 1888. Local JR East trains services were transferred to the control of the Shinano Railway from 1 October 1997 with the opening of the Nagano Shinkansen. The Ueda Electric Railway station opened on 15 August 1924.
In fiscal 2015, the JR East portion of the station was used by an average of 2,860 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- JR East
- 各駅情報（上田駅） [Station Information (Ueda Station)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. pp. 187–188. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2015年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2015)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ueda Station (Nagano).|