Nora Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Supervisor||Donna P. Paige|
|• Total||25.34 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Land||25.34 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||981 ft (299 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||355|
|• Density||14.6/sq mi (5.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61048, 61059, 61085, 61087, 61089|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.34 square miles (65.6 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Winslow Township, Stephenson County (northeast)
- West Point Township, Stephenson County (east)
- Kent Township, Stephenson County (southeast)
- Wards Grove Township (south)
- Stockton Township (southwest)
- Rush Township (west)
- Warren Township (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: East Chelsea, Nora and West Chelsea.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Lena Winslow Community Unit School District 202
- Stockton Community Unit School District 206
- Warren Community Unit School District 205
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Nora Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.