Orange station (NJT)
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 21, 41, 71, 73, 79, and 92
Community Coach: 77
ONE Bus: 24, 44
|Passengers (2012)||1,198 (average weekday)|
|Location||73 Lincoln Avenue, Orange, New Jersey|
|Area||4.5 acres (1.8 ha)|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002665|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Orange is a New Jersey Transit station in Orange, Essex County, New Jersey, United States, along the Morris & Essex Lines (formerly Erie Lackawanna Railway). Service is available via the Kearny Connection to Secaucus Junction and Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan and to Hoboken Terminal. Passengers can transfer at Newark Broad Street or Summit to reach the other destination if necessary.
The brick station and nearby freight terminal was built in 1918. The station building has been listed in the state and federal registers of historic places since 1984 and is part of the Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource.
- List of New Jersey Transit stations
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Essex County, New Jersey
- "Morris and Essex Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Orange New Jersey Transit Railroad Station Survey
Media related to Orange (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|