Pakistani New Zealanders
|Regions with significant populations|
|English (New Zealand English, Pakistani English) · Urdu · Punjabi · Saraiki · Pashto · Balochi · Pakistani languages|
|Related ethnic groups|
Pakistani New Zealanders, also known as Pakistani Kiwis, are New Zealanders of Pakistani descent or Pakistan-born people who have immigrated to New Zealand. Pakistani Kiwis are predominantly Muslims and mostly descend from a Punjabi background.
According to 2001 statistics, Pakistani Kiwis size around a population of 3,000. However, since that time, the population of Pakistani Kiwis has been growing at a fair pace across many parts of the country with significant figures in Auckland. Now the population has grown to 5,000. Pakistanis are located in almost all the major cities and towns of New Zealand, including Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, Tauranga, Otago and Dunedin.
- Ashraf Choudhary - New Zealand Member of Parliament and Labour Party MP
- Azhar Abbas - Auckland Aces cricketer
- Haroon - English-born Pakistani pop singer of New Zealand origin
- Khalid Ibadulla - New Zealand-based former Pakistani cricketer and commentator
- Cultural organizations
- Pakistani Association of Canterbury New Zealand, in Christchurch and Canterbury region
- Pakistan Association of New Zealand, based in Auckland
- Pakistani Students Association at Massey University, New Zealand - organization for students at all campuses of Massey University