|פלסן סאסא בע"מ|
|Type||Privately held company|
|Dani Ziv (CEO)|
|Products||Armored vehicles, Ballistic vests|
Number of employees
Plasan Sasa, established in 1985, develops, manufactures, and assembles custom-built vehicle armor systems and chassis up-armor designs as well as Add-On Armor Protection Kits for lightweight military tactical trucks and APCs [Wheeled & Tracked], for fixed and rotary wing aircraft, commercial vehicles, and is a major supplier of personnel protection armor.
Plasan is a non-public company and is wholly owned by Kibbutz Sasa, a communal village of some 100 families in Northern Israel. It employs 1,300 people, including 650 in the United States and 180 in France.
Plasan armor is widely used in the US military's MRAP vehicles. US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro said that Plasan's armor has saved countless American lives. The company also sells to police and border guard forces worldwide. A special vehicle built for the military police of São Paulo, capable of transporting 24 fighters and equipped with diurnal and nocturnal vision systems was used during the Olympics in Brazil.
Sasa's innovations include vehicular cabin, chassis and hull armor kits to protect personnel and equipment on MaxxPro, MRAP (Mine Resistant and Ambush Protected) and M-ATV (all-terrain) vehicles.
Plasan has an automotive composite manufacturing facility in Vermont formerly the Automotive division of Vermont Composites. Plasan Carbon manufactures the carbon fiber fenders of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and the hood, fenders, roof, roof bow, lower rocker moldings and front splitter of the 2009 ZR1. Plasan also molds the Rear Spoilers, Front Splitters, and Front Dive Planes for the 2008 Viper SRT-10 ACR. Plasan has also built in the past the splitter, Hood Assembly, and Mirror caps for the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR.
Awards and recognition
In May 2017, Plasan Sasa and its CEO, Danny Ziv, received the National Defense Industrial Association's Red Ball Express award. The company was recognized by NDIA's Tactical Wheeled Vehicle Division.
Vehicles with armored bodies designed and manufactured by Plasan
- Plasan Sand Cat
- Plasan Guarder
- Oshkosh M-ATV
- International MaxxPro
- International MXT-MVA
- Future Tactical Truck Systems
- Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement
- Joint Light Tactical Vehicle
- Combat Tactical Vehicle
- HMMWV M1114GR and M1118GR
- Mack Granite
- DAF Tropco
- Freightliner M-915
- Mahindra Rakshak
- Lockheed Martin AVA-1
- Thales Hawkei
HMMWV M1114GR of the Hellenic Army
- "Israeli Company, Hurt by U.S. Troop Withdrawal From Iraq, Pivots and Returns to Profit" – via Haaretz.
- "Plasan Has Delivered Armor for 1,955 Life Saving MRAP Vehicles". www.defense-aerospace.com.
- "Defending American lives, redefining the future" – via www.youtube.com.
- Waitt, Tammy (May 17, 2017). "Plasan Sasa Wins NDIA 2017 Red Ball Express Award (Learn More, Video)". American Security Today.
- "JEC Composites - Vermont Composites sells automotive business to Plasan Sasa". Archived from the original on September 28, 2007.
- Plasan's venture to make carbon-fiber parts for sports cars
- "CompositesWorld.com - NAIA Show Highlights 2008". Archived from the original on February 27, 2008.
- "NDM Article - Protection of Army Trucks Requires Tradeoffs". Archived from the original on September 30, 2007.
- "Lockheed To Unveil Adaptable Vehicle for U.K. Needs - Defense News".
- "World leaders Thales and Plasan partner for next generation vehicles bid". Thales public relations. Archived from the original on 23 March 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2011.