Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ...that the largest single-aperture telescope ever to be constructed is the Arecibo Observatory located near the city by the same name in Puerto Rico?
- ...that the Father of Black History was Arturo Schomburg?
- ...that Brigadier General Mihiel "Mike" Gilormini who served in the Royal Air Force and in the United States Army Air Force during World War II was also the founder of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard?
- ...that the Puerto Rican Spindalis is the national bird of Puerto Rico and often participates in mobbing, a behavior in which it attacks predators to defend hatchlings?
- ...That Dr. Enectali Figueroa, is astrophysicist at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) who pioneered the development of position-sensitive detectors, and currently an astronaut applicant?
- ...that Juan Mari Brás is the first and only person to receive a Puerto Rican citizenship certificate from the Puerto Rico State Department since the establishment of the Commonwealth in 1952, an action which has been since questioned by the United States Department of State?
- ...that after the United States, Puerto Rico is tied with Mexico in hosting the most Miss Universe contests and has the third most titleholders following the United States and Venezuela?
- ...that Wilfredo Gómez won thirty two straight fights by knockout thus making him the World Champion with the longest knockout streak in boxing history?
This page is a transclusion of various sub-pages. To edit, choose one of the following links:
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/General
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/History
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Military
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Natural sciences
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Science
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/People
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Popular culture
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Sports