Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ...that the largest single-aperture telescope ever to be constructed is the Arecibo Observatory located near the city by the same name in Puerto Rico?
- That the public display of the Puerto Rican Flag was once considered a felony (from 1892 to 1954) and that anyone who did so could end up in jail?
- ...that the mother of Medal of Honor recipient Humbert Roque Versace, Marie Teresa Rios was the author of the book The Fifteen Pelican for which the popular 1960's television sitcom The Flying Nun was based on?
- ...that the Puerto Rican spindalis is the national bird of Puerto Rico and often participates in mobbing, a behavior in which it attacks predators to defend hatchlings?
- ...That Mercedes Reaves is responsible for the design of a viable full-scale solar sail and the development and testing of a scale model solar sail at NASA Langley Research Center in Virginia?
- ...that Felisa Rincón de Gautier (also known as Doña Fela) was the first woman to be elected as the mayor of a capital city in any of the Americas?
- ...that aside from a strong presence in music, sports, literature, politics, television, radio, etc., Puerto Rico also has a presence in the voice acting industry with voice actors such as Tony Oliver?
- ...that Carly Colón, known internationally by his ring name Carlito, is the first professional wrestler to ever win a title in two separate debuts in WWE history?
This page is a transclusion of various sub-pages. To edit, choose one of the following links:
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/General
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/History
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Military
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Natural sciences
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Science
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/People
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Popular culture
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Sports