Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ...that there are more Puerto Ricans living in the rest of the United States than in the island of Puerto Rico itself?
- ...that the Father of Black History was Arturo Schomburg?
- ...that Capt. Miguel Henriquez also spelled Enriquez, was a pirate in the latter part of the 17th century who fought and defeated the British Navy in Vieques and was granted the privileges of privateer by the Spanish Crown?
- ...that El Yunque National Forest, is the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System and that more than a billion gallons of precipitation fall each year?
- ...That Dr. Orlando Figueroa a.k.a. NASA Mars Czar was Director for Mars Exploration and the Director for the Solar System Division in the Office of Space Science at NASA Headquarters?
- ...that in 1919, Luisa Capetillo was the first woman to publicly wear pants in Puerto Rico and that she was sent to jail for it?
- ...that in 2003, José Miguel Agrelot's radio show, Alegre Despertar (Joyful Awakening), held the world record for the longest-running, still active radio show, running non-stop for 53 years?
- ...that Dick Versace is the first person of Puerto Rican descent and the first Hispanic to become head coach of an NBA team?
This page is a transclusion of various sub-pages. To edit, choose one of the following links:
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/General
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/History
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Military
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Natural sciences
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Science
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/People
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Popular culture
- Portal:Puerto Rico/Did you know/Sports