This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chalakkudy|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Pulluvazhy is the birthplace of many people representatives of Kerala Legislature. K.G.Rohithakshan Kartha (KGR Kartha), represented Seventh Kerala Legislative Assembly as Minister for Health; Communist Party veteran and former Chief Editor of Deshabhimani, P. Govinda Pillai were born in Pulluvazhy. Padayatt Kesavapillai Vasudevan Nair (PKV), the 9th Chief Minister of Kerala also had firm connections in this village and his memorial service had performed here.Sister Rani Maria Vattalil,also known as Indore Rani was also born in this village.Sister Rani Maria was murdered in a knife attack by a hitman named Samandar Singh at Nachanbore Hill in Indore, Madhya Pradesh on 25 February 1995. The murder was arranged because some landlords were offended by her work among the landless poor.Later on,her family forgave her murderer.The documentary The Heart of a Murderer, depicting the murder and subsequent repentance of Samandar Singh was the winner at the World Interfaith Harmony Film Festival 2013.
Above all, Pulluvazhy is renowned for its unity against Hartal, a common strike practice in India by restraining public to work, to travel, to shop etc. Pulluvazhy gave mere importance to this strike and never supported any kind of such strike. The entire village is very much alive in a Harthal Day, and is a solace to most of the travelers as the village is besides Airport-Kottayam MC Road.The only two occasions when the village had downed shutters were when Communist leaders P. Govinda Pillai and P.R. Sivan died.
Currently, the village is famous for timber business.
- Population: 25,691 
- Males: 12,841
- Females: 12,850
- Number of Households: 5,928
- Kuttikkattu Mahadeva Temple
- Koottumadom Sree Subramanya swami Temple,
- Perakkattu Sree Mahadeva Temple,
- St. Thomas Catholic Church Pulluvazhy... A great Pilgrim station.. Most attractions are St. Antony's Chapel and Sr Rani Maria Museum.
- Mar Gregorious Jacobite Syrian Chapel
- Mata Amritanandamayi Math
- San Joe college of nursing.
- Jayakeralam Higher Secondary School
- St.Josephs Convent English medium higher secondary School
- Lower Primary School
- lunic Pulluvazhy volleyball team.
- arts and sports club
- MARIYAPURAM BROTHERS PULLUVAZHY
Prominent Ancestral 1. Nangelimalil 2. Poonelil 3.Chakiyarampuram 4.karimattathu 5.Kavanakudy 6.Malikkathazathu 7.Kavanamalil 8.Ovumgamalil 9.Vellanjil 10.Kappillil 11.Nadamkuzhy 12.Edayathu 13.vettikalil 14.Puthenpurackal 15.Panachickal 16.Parayil
- ST. Josephs school
- San Jose college
- Facebook Page of Pulluvazhy village
- [ C. P. Varkey, Healing The Heart Of Emotional Wounds, St Pauls BYB, 2004, ISBN 8171093019, p. 120.]
|This article related to a location in Ernakulam district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|