Location in Yantai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,793 km2 (692 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
The population was 664,510 in 1999. It borders Penglai to the north, Fushan District to the northeast, Muping District to the east, Haiyang and Laiyang to the south, Zhaoyuan to the west, and Longkou to the northwest.
In January 2021, the city was notable for the Shandong Qixia Gold Mine Explosion Accident.
As 2012, this city is divided to 3 subdistricts and 12 towns.
- Cuizhan Subdistrict (翠屏街道)
- Zhuangyuan Subdistrict (庄园街道)
- Songshan Subdistrict (松山街道)
- National Population Statistics Materials by County and City - 1999 Period, in China County & City Population 1999, Harvard China Historical GIS
- 潍坊市-行政区划网 www.xzqh.org (in Chinese). XZQH. Retrieved 2012-05-24.