Radio Disney Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Limited liability company|
|Founded||July 30, 2003|
|Founder||ABC Radio Networks|
|Defunct||December 18, 2015|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company|
Radio Disney Group, LLC was a Delaware limited liability company that owned and most of the operated Radio Disney radio station in each state. Radio Disney Group was owned by the Disney–ABC Television Group and the headquarters were located in New York City, New York.
In 2010, Radio Disney Group was started to sell their stations located outside of the 25 largest radio markets. The majority of the stations have gone silent, while others changed their format or maintained their regular format. On August 17, 2014, It was announced that Radio Disney will be selling off all of their stations (the majority owned by Radio Disney Group) except KDIS (owned on or before September 26, 2014) to focus on the digital XM radio and livestream radio (such as on TuneIn). While the stations were, originally, to sign off on September 26, the stations remained on the air and continued to carry Radio Disney programming until they are sold. The sale of the last station (was WSDZ, to Salem Media Group) was completed on December 18, 2015.
Former owned and operated stations
|Callsign||Frequency||City of license||Broadcast area||Comments|
|WQUA1||102.1||Citronelle, Alabama||Mobile metropolitan area||Sold in 2005; non-commercial station owned by the Family Worship Center Church, Inc.|
|KMIK1||1580||Phoenix, Arizona||Greater Phoenix||Sold in 2015; station owned by Gabriella Broadcasting Licensee.|
|KDIS-FM1||99.5||Little Rock, Arkansas||Little Rock, Arkansas||Sold in 2013; station owned by the Salem Media Group.|
|KIID1||1470||Sacramento, California||Sacramento metropolitan area||In 2007, the station was transferred to Radio Disney Sacramento, LLC, another subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company related to Radio Disney. Was later sold in 2015 to Punjabi American Media.|
|KDDZ1||1690||Arvada, Colorado||Denver metropolitan area||Sold in 2015 to Salem Media Group.|
|WDZK1||1550||Bloomfield, Connecticut||Greater Hartford||Sold in 2010; station owned by Blount Communications.|
|WBWL1||600||Jacksonville, Florida||Jacksonville metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation.|
|WMYM1||990||Miami, Florida||Miami metropolitan area||Sold in 2014; station owned by Actualidad Radio Group.|
|WDYZ1||990||Orlando, Florida||Greater Orlando||Sold in 2014 to the Pennsylvania Media Associates, Inc. (subsidiary of the Salem Media Group). The sale was consummated on March 27, 2015.|
|WWMI1||1380||St. Petersburg, Florida||Tampa Bay Area||Sold in 2015 to Salem Media Group.|
|WGFY1||1480||Charlotte, North Carolina||Charlotte Metropolitan Area||Sold in 2015. Owned by Charlotte Advent Media Corporation.|
|WMKI1||1260||Boston, Massachusetts||Greater Boston Area||Sold in 2015; station owned by Salem Media Group. The sale was consummated on September 3, 2015.|
|WMNE1||1600||Riviera Beach, Florida||Miami metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by Travis Media.|
|WSDZ1||1260||Belleville, Illinois||Greater St. Louis||Sold to Salem Media Group in 2015.|
|WRDZ-FM1||98.3||Plainfield, Indiana||Indianapolis metropolitan area||Sold in 2015; station owned by iHeartMedia.|
|KQAM1||1480||Wichita, Kansas||Wichita metropolitan area||Sold in 2009; station owned by Steckline Communications.|
|WDRD1 2||680||Newburg, Kentucky||Louisville metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by UB Louisville, LLC.|
|WBYU1||1450||New Orleans, Louisiana||New Orleans metropolitan area||Station was shut down in October 3, 2012.|
|KPHN1||1190||Kansas City, Missouri||Kansas City metropolitan area||Sold in 2014, station owned by the Catholic Radio Network.|
|KALY1||1240||Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM||Albuquerque metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station currently owned by KD Radio, Inc.|
|WDDY1||1460||Albany, New York||Capital District||Sold in 2013; station owned by Pax et Bonum, Inc.|
|WFDF1||910||Farmington Hills, Michigan||Metro Detroit, Flint and The Thumb||Sold in 2014; station owned by The Word Network.|
|WWMK1||1260||Cleveland, Ohio||Greater Cleveland||Sold in 2014; station is owned by St. Peters The Rock.|
|WFRO2||900||Fremont, Ohio||Sandusky County, Ohio||Station was shut down in June 23, 2004.|
|KDZR1||1640||Lake Oswego, Oregon||Portland metropolitan area||Sold in 2015 to Salem Media Group.|
|WWJZ1||640||Mount Holly, New Jersey||Delaware Valley||Sold to Starboard Media Foundation.|
|KMUS1||1380||Sperry, Oklahoma||Tulsa metropolitan area||Sold in 2011; spanish-language station owned by Radio Las Americas, LLC.|
|KKSL3||1290||Lake Oswego, Oregon||Portland metropolitan area||The license was cancelled on February 23, 2006. Under the Disney ownership, the station was operated by Crawford Broadcasting under Local marketing agreement.|
|WDDZ1||550||Pawtucket, Rhode Island||Providence metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station currently owned by Starboard Broadcasting.|
|WWCS1||540||Canonsburg, Pennsylvania||Pittsburgh metropolitan area||Station owned by Birach Broadcasting Corporation but operated by Radio Disney Group under Time brokerage agreement; the agreement expired on December 31, 2010 and Disney flipped the Radio Disney affiliation to WEAE.|
|KMKI1||620||Plano, Texas||Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex||Sold in 2015; station owned by the Salem Media Group, now broadcasting a Business News/Talk format.|
|KMIC1||1590||Houston, Texas||Greater Houston||Sold in 2014; station owned by DAIJ Media, LLC|
|KRDY1||1160||San Antonio, Texas||Greater San Antonio||Sold in 2013; station owned by the Salem Media Group.|
|KWDZ1||910||Salt Lake City, Utah||Salt Lake City metropolitan area||Sold in 2015; station owned by iHeartMedia.|
|WHKT1||1650||Portsmouth, Virginia||Hampton Roads||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation.|
|WRJR3||1010||Portsmouth, Virginia||Hampton Roads||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation. Under the Disney ownership, Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting operated the station under Local marketing agreement.|
|WDZY1||1290||Colonial Heights, Virginia||Greater Richmond Region||Sold in 2013; station owned by the Richmond Christian Radio Corporation.|
|WKSH1||1640||Sussex, Wisconsin||Milwaukee metropolitan area||Sold in 2014; station owned by Starboard Broadcasting.|
- 1 Former Radio Disney Owned-and-operated station.
- 2 Former ESPN Radio Owned-and-operated station.
- 3 Former Disney independent radio station.
- Radio Disney
- Cumulus Media Networks (formerly ABC Radio Networks and Citadel Media)
- Disney–ABC Television Group
- Ownership Report for Commercial Broadcast Stations - FCC
- "RADIO DISNEY GROUP, LLC Entity Information". Corporation and Business Entity Database. New York Department of State's Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- CHANGES IN INTERESTS - KIID application to assign broadcast station
- "United States District Court - Cental District of California - West Division - Plaint" (PDF).
- Rosenthal, Phil (February 7, 2006). "Disney in deal to merge ABC Radio with Citadel". Chicago Tribune. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Lafayette, Jon (August 13, 2014). "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital". Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Venta, Lance (August 13, 2014). "Radio Disney To Sell All But One Station". Radio Insight. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "NERW Extra: No Signoffs for Disney AMs". Northeast Radio Watch. Retrieved 27 September 2014. (subscription required)
- Consummation Notice - Federal Communications Commission
- Salem Acquires Radio Disney’s Final Five - Radio Insight
- "Application for Consent to Assign Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License or to Transfer Control of Entity Holding Broadcast Station or License" (ABC, Inc. to Radio Disney Group, LLC) - FCC and the Assignment and Assumption Agreement 2003
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License" (WQUA) - FCC
- Faith Talk Launches In Little Rock - Radio Insight
- Radio Disney Sells Three - Radio Insight
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 29, 2015. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Radio Disney & ESPN AM Cutbacks - Radio Insight
- Actualidad Buying WMYM 990-AM/Miami - Radio Ink Magazine
- Station Sales Week Of 2/13 - Radio Insight
- Parties to the Application - FCC
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. December 15, 2014. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Consummation Notice - FCC
- Steckline buys Disney Radio station - Wichita Business Journal
- Radio Disney Sells WDRD-A/Louisville - All Acces Music Group
- FCC status page for WBYU
- Disney Sells KPHN Kansas City - Radio Insight
- ESPN Back On In Louisville - All Acces Music Group
- Radio Disney Sells WFDF/Detroit To The Word Network - All Access
- WFDF Detroit Joins The Word Network - Radio Insight
- Disney Sells WMMK Cleveland - Radio Insight
- FCC status page for WFRO
- Radio Disney Sells Tulsa AM - All Acces Music Group
- FCC status page for KKSL
- ABC buys two Portland radio stations - Portland Business Journal
- The Big Trip 2006, Part VII: East From Portland
- Salem Buys Former Radio Disney Station In Providence;Three Station Deals In California - All Acces Music Group
- WEAE Annual EEO - 2010
- Pittsburgh ESPN 1250 changing format to Radio Disney - Pittsburgh Business Journal
- Fybush, Scott (January 3, 2011). "New Year Dawns with Format Changes". NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. November 5, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Hampton Roads - VARTV.com
- Wilkins Acquires Two From Disney - Radio Insight
- Starboard Media Foundation Acquires WKSH - Radio Insight