|Broadcast area||Miami metropolitan area|
|Branding||ESPN Deportes 990|
|Callsign meaning||MickeY Mouse
(official mascot of The Walt Disney Company, former owner)
|Affiliations||ESPN Deportes Radio|
|Owner||Enrique Nicolas Cusco
(Actualidad 990AM Licensee, LLC)
|Sister stations||WLVJ, WURN, WURN-FM|
Despite identifying as "Miami-Ft. Lauderdale", WMYM's directional pattern causes the signal to be inaudible in Broward County.
WFAB, "La Fabulosa" broadcast a Spanish-language format on 990 throughout the 1950s and 1960s but lost their license and was off the air for many years before the Disney corporation was able to obtain permission to operate on this frequency. They used a six-tower inline array. WMYM uses a six-tower parallelogram. The pattern had to be tightened because of an upgrade on a Pompano Beach station on 980.
On February 12, 2015, Enrique Cusco's Actualidad Radio Group (owner of the Spanish News/Talk trimulcast WLVJ, WURN and WURN-FM) announced that it would acquire WMYM, for a price of $2,100,000. The sale was completed on May 29, 2015
The station discontinued its Radio Disney affiliation and went silent on June 11, 2015. WMYM will return to the air, and switched to sports programming from ESPN Deportes Radio. The current Radio Disney programming for the region has since moved to the WKIS HD3 digital subchannel.
- Lafayette, Jon (August 13, 2014). "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital". Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement", fcc.gov, February 2, 2015. Accessed August 14, 2015
- Actualidad Buying WMYM 990-AM/Miami - Radio Ink Magazine
- Station Sales Week Of 2/13 - Radio Insight
- Consummation Notice - FCC
- ESPN Deportes Miami Facebook
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WMYM
- Radio-Locator Information on WMYM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WMYM
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|