This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1982 (age 35–36)|
Trumbull, Connecticut, U.S.
George Washington University|
University of Maryland, College Park
|Known for||Foreign Affairs Officer in Department of State|
Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism|
National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Citation
U.S Department of State Superior Honor Award
Sahar Nowrouzzadeh (Persian: سحر نوروززاده) is an American foreign policy analyst and advisor who has served in the U.S. government under three U.S. administrations. She is currently a research fellow at Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government's Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. Between 2016 and 2017, she was a member of the U.S. Secretary of State's Policy Planning Staff where she was responsible for the Iran portfolio. She also previously served as a Director for Iran on the National Security Council Staff at the White House under President Barack Obama from 2014-2016.
Nowrouzzadeh was born in Connecticut. She received her bachelor's degree in International Affairs with a double concentration in International Economics and Middle East Studies from the Elliott School of International Affairs at the George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs in 2005. She completed her master's degree in Persian Studies at the University of Maryland-College Park in 2007.
Nowrouzzadeh has worked for the United States government in various capacities. She began her career at the U.S. Department of Defense in 2005, where she served as a Foreign Affairs Analyst. After several years she became a Senior Foreign Affairs Analyst, and was later promoted to be a Team Chief. Following her tenure at the U.S. Department of Defense, she joined the U.S. Department of State as a Foreign Affairs Officer and was subsequently detailed to the White House from 2014 to 2016. As a Director for Iran at the NSC, she was part of the team responsible for supporting the P5+1 nuclear negotiations with Iran and the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. She is the recipient of such awards as the State Department Superior Honor Award, a National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Citation and the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism.
- "Sahar Nowrouzzadeh - Tehran, Iran - Virtual Embassy of the United States". iran.usembassy.gov. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Sahar Nowrouzzadeh | Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs". www.belfercenter.org. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- "Nowrouzzadeh, Sahar". Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "U.S. Department of State Virtual Embassy - Tehran".
- "Sahar Nowrouzzadeh | U.S. Virtual Embassy Iran". U.S. Virtual Embassy Iran. 2015-01-01. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- "P032715PS-0047". White House Flickr. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "GW Magazine - An Insight Into Iran".
- "White House: Pres. Obama convenes national security team to discuss Iran nuclear talks". CCTV America. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- nowrouzzadeh, sahar. "linkedin page of sahar nowrouzzadeh".