Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
|Also known as||
GT-N8000 (3G & Wifi)|
GT-N8005 (GT-N8000 TR-Model, no voice-calls)
GT-N8010, GT-N8013 (Wifi)
GT-N8020 (LTE, 3G & Wifi)
|Product family||Galaxy Note|
|Release date||27 February 2012|
|Operating system||Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz UI, upgradeable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Unofficial LineageOS based on Android 6.x Marshmallow and 7.x Nougat available.|
|System-on-chip used||Samsung Exynos 4412|
|CPU||1.4 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
16, 32 and 64 GB models|
(+ up to 64 GB with microSD card)
|Display||10.1 in (260 mm) LCD with WXGA (1280×800) resolution 16:10 aspect ratio|
|Input||Capacitive touchscreen and Wacom digitizer, supporting 1,024 levels of sensitivity|
Front: 1.9 Mpx Recording Video (720p) at 30 fps
|Connectivity||3.5 mm TRRS; Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n 2.4 & 5 GHz) with Channel bonding; Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.0; Optional 3G; USB Host (OTG) 2.0 and HDMI via separate dongle|
H 257.8 mm|
W 175.3 mm
D 8.9 mm
3G model: 600 g|
Wi-Fi model: 597 g
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition|
Samsung Galaxy Note II |
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a 10.1-inch tablet computer designed, developed and marketed by Samsung Electronics. The tablet runs Android 4.1.2 (Android 4.4.1 in Europe) and serves as a platform for multimedia consumption including movies, music, and web browsing. It is the second entry in the Samsung Galaxy Note range, which emphasises the use of a stylus, officially named S-Pen (S standing for Samsung), as an input device for tasks such as sketching and note-taking.
The Note 10.1 was originally unveiled on 27 February 2012 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor. The tablet was released in Germany, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates on 6 August 2012. This final version of the tablet incorporates a 1.4 GHz quad-core Exynos processor. The tablet comes with 16, 32 and 64 GB of internal storage, and 2 GB of DDR3 RAM. The Note 10.1 was launched in the United States, the United Kingdom, and South Korea on 16 August.
Samsung has begun rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade in Europe, both as an over-the-air update and through Samsung Kies. Samsung has customized the interface with its updated TouchWiz UX software.
The Note 10.1 was well received by numerous technology outlets. Dave Oliver of Wired UK technology magazine gave a rating of 9 out of 10. The Note 10.1 was praised for its versatility, fast processor, writing interface, expandable memory and quality camera and described as a worthy challenger to the iPad. TechCrunch stated that the tablet was "awesome, great, and brilliant," with a bunch of S-pen optimized apps as a great feature.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Kitkat 4.4.2 update itcse.com, Retrieved 2014-06-1.
- Galaxy Note 10.1 on Samsung UK website
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Hands-On". Your Tech Report. 16 August 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Cooper, Daniel (2012-02-27). "Samsung announces Galaxy Note 10.1 at MWC (update: hands-on photos!)". Engadget.com. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Samsung Pushes out the Galaxy Note 10.1 in Germany, UAE - International Business Times". Au.ibtimes.com. 2012-08-08. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Note 10.1 to have better processor than expected".
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 review". wired.co.uk. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- Velazc, Chris (2012-08-15). "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Review". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.|
| Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition