This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/1900|
|Dimensions||103.2 × 49.3 × 10.9 mm|
|Memory||60 MB available to user, MicroSD memory card up to 2GB, 1000 SMS messages|
|Display||240x320 pixels QVGA 262,144 (18-bit) colour TFT LCD|
|Connectivity||GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots) 32 - 48 kbit/s, Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0|
The Samsung SGH-U600 is a mobile phone manufactured in Korea by Samsung and is part of the Ultra Edition II series of Samsung phones. One of its main features are the call and select buttons, which are touch-sensitive instead of physical buttons. The calendar on the phone only works for dates between the years 2000 and 2016.
The phone has features including:
- 85 MHz Processor
- 512 MB - Ram
- 2.4" TFT Screen
- Quad-band capabilities, allowing it to be used as a mobile phone on all major GSM networks across the globe
- Built in hands-free function
- Built in Bluetooth wireless technology
- Custom animated backgrounds (varies with country of sale) known as uGo. For example- when you are in Paris, the background will turn into Arc de Triomphe etc. ; When its daytime, the picture will be in daylight and vice versa.
- Memory card slot for optional MicroSD memory card up to 2GB
- 160 MB internal memory
- MP3 Ringtones*
- Digital audio player with MP3 and AAC/AAC+ playback
- 3.2 megapixel digital camera with an integrated LED flash, autofocus, and the ability to perform basic image editing functions
- MPEG-4 video recording/playback (3gp also supported)
- Java games
- Alarm clock with infinite configurable alarms
- Calendar (Note: The calendar on the phone only works for dates between the years 2000 and 2016.)
- FM Radio (Headphones must be used to hear by lori)
- Smart Search
- World Clock
- Converter for Currency, Length, Weight, Volume, Area and Temperature
- Offline mode (Flight mode)
- A shortcut to the WAP Google/Yahoo page from the main menu. On some versions (depending on country/firmware) this icon is replaced with a Bluetooth icon. Built-in internet browser Access NetFront 3.2.
- The Samsung U600 Vibe (U600i) offers HAPTIC technology which is basically a small vibration whenever one of the touch sensitive keys are tapped
- Black & White UI with the Samsung technology uPlus/uTrack/uMenu interface
The slider can be configured to accept and close calls, as well as to close all open applications (except the MP3 player when settings are set properly). (These are the only settings).
Settings are available which allow for the phone to stay unlocked when closed. This is also the first Samsung phone that provides the availability to use MP3 files as SMS message tones.
In some firmware versions, the first 1.5 seconds (approx.) of an MP3 ringtone is cut off. This can be circumvented by inserting 1.5 seconds of silence in the beginning of the audio file, using a digital audio editor.
Video playback and conversion
Full-length movies can be converted by using Samsung PC Studio which comes with the phone.
Mencoder can also be used with this command line to convert file inputName.flv (or any other video type) to outputName.mp4:
mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of lavf -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=256:abitrate=64 -lavfopts format=mp4 -ofps 15 -vf scale=320:240,harddup -o outputName.mp4 inputName.flv
While recording you cannot pause the video in this phone. The output framerate of the video is 8 frame/s.