Sandwich Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||July 14, 1896|
|• Total||15.39 sq mi (39.9 km2)|
|• Land||15.33 sq mi (39.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.39%|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||502.9/sq mi (194.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60511, 60548, 60552|
|GNIS feature ID||0429710|
Sandwich Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 7,709 and it contained 3,005 housing units. Sandwich Township was formed from a portion of Somonauk Township on July 14, 1896.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 15.39 square miles (39.9 km2), of which 15.33 square miles (39.7 km2) (or 99.61%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.39%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Sandwich (west three-quarters)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Oaklawn and Saint Paul's Catholic.
Airports and landing strips
- Gord Airport
- Hospital Heliport
- Sandwich Airport
- Woodlake Landing Airport
- Sandwich Community Unit School District 430
- Somonauk Community Unit School District 432
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Sandwich Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Squaw Grove Township|
|Somonauk Township||Little Rock Township, Kendall County|
|Northville Township, LaSalle County||Fox Township, Kendall County|