Socialist Equality Party (Germany)
|Preceded by||Federation of Socialist Workers|
|International affiliation||International Committee of the Fourth International|
|European Parliament group||None|
The Party for Social Equality, Section of the Fourth International (German: Partei für Soziale Gleichheit, Sektion der Vierten Internationale, PSG) is a Trotskyist minor political party in Germany. It was founded in 1997 as successor to the Federation of Socialist Workers (Bund Sozialistischer Arbeiter). On 18-19 February 2017, the party renamed itself Socialist Equality Party (German: Sozialistische Gleichheitspartei).
The party sees itself as the German section of the Fourth International in the tradition of Leon Trotsky. The international umbrella group of the party is the International Committee of the Fourth International (ICFI). It has contacts to other member parties of the ICFI in England, the US, Sri Lanka, France, Canada and Australia.
The PSG is critical of trade unions, social democrats and former Stalinist organisations. Since they are based on the nation state these organisations have, according to the PSG, lost every opportunity to act for the working class during the times of globalisation and the crisis of capitalism. Since they do not question the capitalist system itself they are moving further to the right in times of crises. The party on the contrary wants to build an internationalist, socialist workers' movement.
- International Socialist Organisation (Germany)
- Socialist Alternative (Germany)
- Workers' Power (Germany)
- "German ICFI section adopts new name". 28 February 2017.
- PSG: Fragen an die Partei für Soziale Gleichheit Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
- World Socialist Web Site: Wer ist das IKVI? Archived 2008-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- PSG: Wahlerklärungen 2005-2008 Archived 2008-04-06 at the Wayback Machine
- The Historical Foundations of the Partei fur Soziale Gleichheit, Mehring Books 2011, ISBN 978-1-875639-41-0 (Online)