|Founded||30 April 2016|
0 / 630
0 / 1,821
0 / 96
V-Partei3, known officially as V-Partei³ – Party for Change, Vegetarians and Vegans (German: V-Partei³ – Partei für Veränderung, Vegetarier und Veganer), is a German political party that was founded in April 2016 in Munich, Bavaria. The principal focus of the party is animal rights and environmentalism. It is the sole political party in Germany devoted to encouraging the adoption of a plant-based diet. The party took part in the North Rhine-Westphalia state elections in 2017, and received 10,013 votes or 0.12% of the vote, far below the 5% threshold required to enter the State Landtag. Notable members of the party were actress Barbara Rütting and Axel Ritt, guitarist of the band Grave Digger, who joined in May 2017.
In the party manifesto created for the 2017 Bundestag elections focuses on improving animal welfare conditions in Germany and changing existing government policies so that Germany reduces its consumption of meat. The manifesto focuses on 10 key areas, and some are noted below.
The party opposes the testing of animals and wants to end the practice entirely. The platform instead advocates for cruelty-free medical research, which includes the use of human simulation.
The party supports projects that increase the use of bicycles, as an eco-friendly way of travelling. V-Partei³ also want to introduce speed limits on roads in an attempt to reduce air pollution. Their manifesto advocates a 130 km/h speed limit on highways and general speed limits elsewhere.
The party want to see an end to nuclear power, a reduction in the number of coal-fired and biogas power plants and greater subsidies for renewable energy, with the aim of reaching 100% renewable in the next few decades.
The V-Partei³ opposes any genetic engineering in agriculture. The party opposes TTIP, which they say softens labour rights and causes climate destruction. They advocate a basic income on the following grounds:
- It must be a living wage.
- There must be an individual entitlement.
- The income must not be means-tested.
- It must be made available without any work obligation.
|2017 North Rhine-Westphalia state election||State Landtag||0.12%||0|
|2017 German federal election||Bundestag||0.1%||0|
|2021 German federal election||Bundestag||0.1%||0|
- "Fragen und Antworten / FAQ". v-partei.de.
- Krimmel, Iris. "Partei für Veränderung, Vegetarier und Veganer (V-Partei³) | bpb". bpb.de (in German). Retrieved 4 September 2021.
- "Landtagswahl 2017 in NRW". www.wahlergebnisse.nrw.de.
- "Parteiprogramm". v-partei.de.
- "Wahlprogramm der V-Partei³ für die Bundestagswahl 2017". V-Partei³ (in German). 6 April 2017. Retrieved 4 September 2021.
- https://v-partei.de/wp-content/uploads/Parteiprogramm-2017-hellgruene-Zukunft.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Bedingungsloses Grundeinkommen". V-Partei³ (in German). 18 August 2021. Retrieved 4 September 2021.